• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Gotcha and thanks. Anything else between the two other than rev hang?
I believe you can modify more stuff with the non carb unit and has a tune that goes beyond +6 psi. I believe it has a +9 and other base maps for 27won turbo and so on. If you’re not in CA you can pretty much run the race version of hondata and have a better experience than the carb unit which is more for CA since we have strict emissions

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
I believe you can modify more stuff with the non carb unit and has a tune that goes beyond +6 psi. I believe it has a +9 and other base maps for 27won turbo and so on. If you’re not in CA you can pretty much run the race version of hondata and have a better experience than the carb unit which is more for CA since we have strict emissions
This is correct. The race versions has more options. We have switched from the + 6 and + 9 pro calibration designation to a torque based designation. This makes it easier to tune a flat torque curve and stay well under the clutch slip limit. The torque tables (and boost tables) can be raised for more torque, even in the CARB version. Download FlashPro manager and learn from the calibrations we have.

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
I'm aware of that but was wondering which specific parameters makes one tune CARB legal. I assume anything related to emissions but which specific parameters cannot be modified?
You cannot alter fuel, ignition, error codes. You cannot change anything associated with the secondary oxygen sensor. You can alter boost because we retain the stock Honda code for providing fuel and ignition at the different boost levels. Here's how to do it. Edit the torque tables:

11th Gen Honda Civic Hondata FlashPro Civic 2022 Si+ Turbo 1.5 US | CARB Tunes hondata-flashpro-22-civic-si-torque-tables

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
The CARB 240/250 is available when you purchase the CARB FlashPro and download the software. Our software can be downloaded at any time

Kullervo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Civic Si
Is the checkbox for ‘sport button boost’ in the above torque table image an indication that one could set up the calibration to only be applied in sport mode? In other words, ‘normal’ (and ‘individual’, I guess) would retain the stock ecu settings?

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
Is the checkbox for ‘sport button boost’ in the above torque table image an indication that one could set up the calibration to only be applied in sport mode? In other words, ‘normal’ (and ‘individual’, I guess) would retain the stock ecu settings?
I believe so. The torque values for both tables are different so that would suggest the "sport" mode changes the boost level to a higher amount. I'm not sure at what boost pressure how much torque is produced across the rev range. After looking at the "250/250" tune, the highest torque value is 300 nM but converts to ~220 ft-lbs.

Excelsior1021

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic Si Sedan
Have you tested the fuel efficiency on the CARB tunes? If so, what average MPG's can we expect on the CARB tunes?

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I believe so. The torque values for both tables are different so that would suggest the "sport" mode changes the boost level to a higher amount. I'm not sure at what boost pressure how much torque is produced across the rev range. After looking at the "250/250" tune, the highest torque value is 300 nM but converts to ~220 ft-lbs.
So the tune makes less than what hondata advertises?

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
So still no need to raise redline to 7000 rpms based on power ? The lower rpm bugs me, a few more rpms would be nice but if you can't make any power up there I guess it isn't worth it.

Can you monitor engine knock and see how tunes work with different octane levels ?

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
So still no need to raise redline to 7000 rpms based on power ? The lower rpm bugs me, a few more rpms would be nice but if you can't make any power up there I guess it isn't worth it.

Can you monitor engine knock and see how tunes work with different octane levels ?
I wouldn’t raise the limit to 7k on a completely stock car. If it was built with a bigger turbo, sure. You have lower rpm’s but your turbo spools quickly and lasts until redline so there’s no need to even really want more. You can monitor knock with a laptop and the hondata plugged in with the Datalog option on. Theres tons of sensors like iat, knock, stft, ltft, afr, etc. All the tunes were made on 91.
Sponsored