• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How far away from other cars do you park your FL5?

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
That happened to me a couple years back with my WRX, I parked at the end of the parking lot that was completely empty, not a vehicle within 200 yards of me and I was so far away from the store we were visiting. When we came back to the car there was a Gold Honda Odyssey minivan parked right next to me. My passenger door was badly dinged and there was gold paint on my door from the driver door of the minivan. I was livid , it made absolutely no sense that someone would park beside me so far away and then proceed to ding my door on top of that. I still don't understand it to this day.
It makes sense when you realize that some people just don't like it when other people have a certain joy or passion about something. They are envious of your situation. If they are this petty about damaging someone's car, imagine how they are in matters of substantial importance. These are miserable, resentful people, and they need to be flushed down a gigantic toilet.

Last edited:

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Don't take this the wrong way, but Americans are the worst for driving slow in the left lane. I see it all over the place when I drive in the US, and when Americans come to our country they do the same thing here ! , it drives me crazy. I honestly don't know what those kinds of people are thinking , and why they want the left lane to themselves just to drive slow ! Can someone explain it to me ? We don't do that in this country, we are taught to keep to the right except when passing.
I hear ya and I don't disagree, as I have to deal with this shit every day. Either they are A)selfish, or B)oblivious and have no awareness of their surroundings.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
The first thing I taught my son was to pass in the left lane when needed, and then get back into the right lane or middle lane for cruising. Let faster traffic go by in the left lane.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
And this is why we can't have nice things.

You can look for a 50 percenter - a space that only has parking on one side of it.
Got that tip from a friend of mine who always did that with her Mercedes.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As for the driving part, pretty hopeless here until the minimum skill and training requirements for drivers increase. Not holding my breath.

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
Always park where there’s a curb/island on the other side, or the very end of a row. Bonus points for the spots that have the island around the back of the spot so nobody can park behind you.

AlpineBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
And this is why we can't have nice things.

You can look for a 50 percenter - a space that only has parking on one side of it.
Got that tip from a friend of mine who always did that with her Mercedes.
That's what I always look for. When parking in a crowded area I won't park unless I find an end spot and will drive around forever just to find one. Not a ding on any of my cars. Even still, there's people like this...😞

11th Gen Honda Civic How far away from other cars do you park your FL5? 1671488549099

11th Gen Honda Civic How far away from other cars do you park your FL5? 1671488674931

11th Gen Honda Civic How far away from other cars do you park your FL5? 1671488727065

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So far so good, but it is a concern. I make sure I leave plenty of room for the car to my right - they may or may not have a passenger, but there is always a driver, so that is the side to leave more room on. But some people will still screw it up, as per your pics. Very funny, if it wasn't so sad.

They don't put prizes in Crackerjack boxes any more, apparently just driver's licenses.

Here's to your 'Bimmer looking as good at the end of every day as it did at the beginning. You are more than doing your part.

Last edited:

caraholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taycan Turbo, JL 392XR, 981S, F430
I wouldn’t recommend parking far away. All it does is provoke unwanted attention. Best thing to do is to park in the first large spot you see.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
I wouldn’t recommend parking far away. All it does is provoke unwanted attention. Best thing to do is to park in the first large spot you see.
understood, but still nerve racking when park in a crowded parking lot tho...

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
The first thing I taught my son was to pass in the left lane when needed, and then get back into the right lane or middle lane for cruising. Let faster traffic go by in the left lane.
I don't know where in Ontario you're at, but Markham has got some of the absolute worst drivers. I loathe having to drive anywhere around there lol.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Although cars may come in and out while you are gone - I like parking where the other cars are already there - less likely to get dinged.
Why?
A. You can see how they are parked.
B. They are probably more likely to ding your car getting out of their car than back in.
C. You know who was there. Heck, you can snap a pic of their car and license plate.
D. If you are lucky, you get back and leave before they do - so in that case zero chance of a door ding.

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
When it comes to Home Depot, really fffaaaaaaaarrrrr away!

BTW, love how much cargo space there is in this car. Honda trunk liner and back seat protectors in full use. It’s fun to drive and fits a ton of $h!+

11th Gen Honda Civic How far away from other cars do you park your FL5? 58949E44-A6DB-4657-B0A4-B0FE74677550

11th Gen Honda Civic How far away from other cars do you park your FL5? 44CC6A7B-817D-4265-AFBA-2EEEF556250A

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
I don't know where in Ontario you're at, but Markham has got some of the absolute worst drivers. I loathe having to drive anywhere around there lol.
I'm 2 hours west of you in London. I used to love driving in the GTA when visiting, but I now hate it. The quality of drivers has drastically decreased in recent years, I can't believe how bad it has gotten. I've got some ideas why it is so bad but I would probably be accused of racism. I have no desire to go back there any time soon.
Sponsored