• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How loud is your Civic?

How much road noise does your 2022 Civic have?

• Total voters

Cooper

First Name
Cooper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI - Sonic Gray Pearl
I have heard different reports on the road noise from the 2022 Civics. According to some publications, the Civic is mediocre with road noise, compared to the competition. Some users complain of road noise as well. Others find their Civics to be pretty quiet. I am curious what everyone has to say! I also wonder if there might be variation in road noise between models (SI, Sedan, Hatchback) or even between date of manufacture.
Sponsored

Lovic87

First Name
Lovic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 ST Smoky Mauve Pearl CVT '18 GTI SE 6MT
Our '22 ST is much quieter than the '17 Sport it replaced. There were a few minor intake modifications and a missing bellypan (thanks to a kamikaze raccoon) but I remember my wife mentioning the new Conti Pro's around ~75k were quieter overall than the worn out set they replaced. The ST isn't as harsh over bumps/potholes/etc which definitely contributes to being quieter considering how amazing PA roads are. 🙄

cryptolime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si
the stock goodyear eagle's are loud af on the roads around here. they grip like crazy and perform well at high speeds though. seems like this tire really shines when you push them hard. definitely not a comfort tire... get an oscillating whining noise around 37-44 mph that's been annoying me.

Pekingduck

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
I had a 2015 Honda fit and it was more quiet then my 2018 civic si and now I have fl5 and it more quiet then si and mainly tire noise. The civic been the noisiest cabin compared to other cars I had.

Stryxx

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
I'd like to note, although my car is quiet, that's because I tossed on some Continental Pros, and totally sound deadened my car to accommodate the full stereo upgrade I installed. My car stock, there was a lot of small rattling that was mostly in the B pillar, road noise from the floor/doors, and to be honest the stock tires are really bad for both wet traction and noise in general.

For anyone looking to improve their cabin noise, new tires with more meat on them and/or better materials would help significantly. Sound deadening will also help and you don't need to cover 100% of your surfaces either. Enough to do the doors and if you're feeling adventurous the cargo area/trunk and floor from the firewall all the way back to the rear seats.

I went overboard in my 11th gen hatchback - Full floor from firewall to rear seats, rear seats, cargo area up through the side walls, doors both the external and the internal (replaced my vapor barrier with sound deadening material that acts similarly, as well as the door panel itself), center console area, and all lower panels on the dash (The driver's side with controls tends to rattle a lot, made a big difference). Next is my roof, mostly around the lights as they can rattle sometimes, but otherwise I'll only cover what's necessary to dampen vibration. Material costs are a bit high but if you can do it yourself you'll save a ton of money.

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
My 23 Si is my first Honda in decades. It's also the noisiest car I've owned in decades. Noiser than past EVO's and STI's who are runners up for the title of noisiest.

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R and many more...
I feel my Type Rs interior noise/road noise is on the louder side. All my cars have fairly loud road noise but I guess I like them on the stronger side that way, lol.
Sponsored