• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

I got the FL5 a little friend!

Zone47

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic type R, MK7 GTI, Toyota 4x4
Reactions: MT6
OP
OP
Stan23

Stan23

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 FL5, 2002 AP1 S2000
Car looks good and well maintained. I would still recommend ordering one for future use and never have to worry about it.
I think you are right. I will grab one for the future. I ordered motor mounts today even though mine are in good shape. I just want to be ready when the time comes!

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
go nationwide it will be so fun to drive S2K home coast to coast.
I once drove from NYC to FL and to the keys. It was not very fun even in stock seats.

MT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, '14 Accord Coupe v6 MT
I once drove from NYC to FL and to the keys. It was not very fun even in stock seats.
the adrenaline rush of owning S2K for the first time will be powerful. Instead of getting it shipped I would make a vacation out of it.

Will line up fluid changes, new tires & alignment etc. route planning to include tail of the dragon. Enjoy scenic pit stops along the way…. discover driving dynamics of the car.

possibilities are endless

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
the adrenaline rush of owning S2K for the first time will be powerful. Instead of getting it shipped I would make a vacation out of it.

Will line up fluid changes, new tires & alignment etc. route planning to include tail of the dragon. Enjoy scenic pit stops along the way…. discover driving dynamics of the car.

possibilities are endless
You can host a show or create posters. Sound like an inspirational speaker.

OP
OP
Stan23

Stan23

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 FL5, 2002 AP1 S2000
I think I put 800 miles on the S2000 now in the last 2.5 weeks. It helps that the weather has been good here for top down driving. I'm still getting to know the nuances of how it handles, so taking it careful in the twisties right now. The car responds quite a bit to mid corner throttle inputs, but man does the car ever feel like an extension of your body when you're driving in the backroads. it makes all the right noises and at full tilt makes for an intoxication driving experience.

As a promise to myself, i've resisted to do *any* modifications to the car. Not even OEM+ build. I want to keep this as it rolled off the factory line in 2002. The only--minor mod i've done is get a new '00-'01 aluminum shift knob, and honestly it's because I prefer the shape of it over the '02 shift knob. The '01 knob is very similar to the FL5 one, so a bonus for me going between both cars and feeling a bit of familiarity in the hand.

I did do a bit of sorting out with a new set of tires (Continental Extreme Contact Sport 02) fresh brake and clutch fluid (RBF600) and new OEM air filter. The car drives nice and tight and the shifter feel is better than any car i've ever driven! It's the perfect mechanical feel with good weight and very precise short throws. After driving the S2000 for a day, i'll hop into the FL5, and the shifter will feel rubbery and sloppy. That's not a slight on the FL5 shifter either. The S2000 is just so good!

11th Gen Honda Civic I got the FL5 a little friend! 20240406_111849_resized

11th Gen Honda Civic I got the FL5 a little friend! 20240411_143921_resized

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
It has an excellent shifter, possibly the best in the world for a production manual car. Loosely quoting a magazine from around 25 years ago, I recall they stated that the shifter moves with the precise action of the bolt from a fine rifle.

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
That is pretty much the most accurate way to describe the shifter! It's so satisfying to use!
Miss driving this thing, the tossability, throttle response, and the wail of VTEC with the top down is something else. Hold on to it.

Been reminiscing. Some motivational videos...

Gansan airborning the prototype at the Nurburgring in dress shoes and no helmet.

Clarkson praising the S2000 before he got old and started dissing it later.

Top Gear car of the year.

Tiff Needell's ambivalence.

Gansan goes on a date in Monte Carlo in the S2000.

Even old-timers appreciate the S2000.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stan23

Stan23

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 FL5, 2002 AP1 S2000
Thanks for the link! I remember religiously watching Tiff Needell's review of the e46 m3 when I was waiting for mine back in 2001! His thoughts on cars really align with what I like.

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Thanks for the link! I remember religiously watching Tiff Needell's review of the e46 m3 when I was waiting for mine back in 2001! His thoughts on cars really align with what I like.
Yea, he knows how to drive too. That video of him doesn't link, so I guess you have to click on it to see it on YT. Seems like he liked the S2000, only complaint being lack of low end.

OP
OP
Stan23

Stan23

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 FL5, 2002 AP1 S2000
Yea, he knows how to drive too. That video of him doesn't link, so I guess you have to click on it to see it on YT. Seems like he liked the S2000, only complaint being lack of low end.
I watched it and agreed with his ending statement, putting around town is not where the car shines. Its when you take it to the canyons and really drive it, is where it comes alive!
Sponsored