• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Interior noises - rattles, creaks, squeaks!

OP
OP
ncryptm3

ncryptm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
After trying to get this fixed for a while, the dealer told me today they are authorized to replace the seat frame, which is on order. Hopefully this resolves the issue.
Sponsored

zmago

First Name
Mig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
It costs more therefore they than can fix it. If it comes down to it then Iā€™ll lemon law it. 44k isnā€™t cheap to me so I refuse to just accept it.
You really don't know what lemon law means. People use those two words like they're get out of any car card at any given time. By buying a new car, you agreed to arbitration with Honda. If that doesn't work out, you can sue them. Honda has 50 world class attorneys on retainer, you have Saul Goodman. It will take months, years and thousands of dollars to get a verdict that will probably not be in your favor. You're FAR better off selling the car than going that route. I've bought and sold 32+ cars - from everything you've written here, your problem isn't the seat, it's buyer's remorse. Novelty wore off and reality of paying absurd money for econobox car settled in. Now you'll look for any reason/excuse to get out of it.

OP
OP
ncryptm3

ncryptm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Well, after 1700 miles of dead silence, my driver's seat started making the same creaking noise everyone else has been experiencing. It started happening in corners (to the point where I couldn't replicate it when the car was stationary) but after a few days it's gotten considerably worse and now it squeaks when I barely shift around in the seat.

Hopefully it's not too miserable of a process to get in to my dealer, because I really do love this car and every moment I have to drive something else is just disappointing, lol.
Iā€™ll let you know if the seat frame fixes it.

Bsnyder6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2005 Wrangler
Developed the seat squeak about 700 miles in. To me it seems to be the plastic around the bottom.. Appointment this weekend.

OP
OP
ncryptm3

ncryptm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Developed the seat squeak about 700 miles in. To me it seems to be the plastic around the bottom.. Appointment this weekend.

Welcome to the club lol

sackofcheese

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI, 1994 Miata (track toy)
Granted I have an Si, but I had to get the lower seat frame replaced on it. My noises started off the same, and eventually it became loose enough you could wiggle it back and forth. They finally agreed to put in a new frame, after finding the bolts loose for the second time.

OP
OP
ncryptm3

ncryptm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Granted I have an Si, but I had to get the lower seat frame replaced on it. My noises started off the same, and eventually it became loose enough you could wiggle it back and forth. They finally agreed to put in a new frame, after finding the bolts loose for the second time.
My seat frame is on order. Hoping to have it resolved soon.

Bsnyder6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol yea. Does your glovebox sound as awesome as mine too? (This is an empty glove box)

Yikes that's rough. Mine is quiet. Seat belt assembly is another story. Replacement has an ETA of... May.

OP
OP
ncryptm3

ncryptm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Yikes that's rough. Mine is quiet. Seat belt assembly is another story. Replacement has an ETA of... May.
My seatbelt has started to rattle ever so slightly recently but it hasnā€™t bothered me as much as the seat and the glove box.

Last edited:

Bsnyder6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My

My seatbelt has started to rattle ever so slightly recently but it hasnā€™t bothered me as much as the seat and the glove box.
Yeah it's not terrible. The seat is so bad I I've been driving my 18 year old jeep instead lately. It's somehow less obnoxious as loud as that old rattlely bitch is

OP
OP
ncryptm3

ncryptm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Yeah it's not terrible. The seat is so bad I I've been driving my 18 year old jeep instead lately. It's somehow less obnoxious as loud as that old rattlely bitch is
yea people that donā€™t deal with it just donā€™t understand. They just leave dumb comments so I ignore them.

Bsnyder6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yea people that donā€™t deal with it just donā€™t understand. They just leave dumb comments so I ignore them.
Exactly it's like nails on a chalk board to me lol. I know it's a civic, never expected perfection, but you'd think at least one of their test cars had this fault. I remember noticing it in some of the press cars too

OP
OP
ncryptm3

ncryptm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Exactly it's like nails on a chalk board to me lol. I know it's a civic, never expected perfection, but you'd think at least one of their test cars had this fault. I remember noticing it in some of the press cars too
I feel the same way. If I had another vehicle I wouldnā€™t even drive the car until it was fixed. Itā€™s that bad to me. I was thinking the same thing about the test cars. As I see more and more people have the exact same issue, it seems wild they never caught it.
Sponsored