• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Interior noises - rattles, creaks, squeaks!

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
That's a bit too much of a strippin down lol And why will the car never be the same by just installing a seat frame again? lol
talkin in general. Especially with reports of rev match errors, if its the same as the fk8 they requires the wireharness to be replaced just like in that pic of the odyssey
Sponsored

OP
OP
ncryptm3

ncryptm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Update - took it to the dealer yesterday and they agreed there's def an issue with the front drivers seat squeaking and stated they ordered a new seat frame, estimated 2-3 days for the part to come in. I'll report back if this addressed the issue - below is a quick video I posted to point it out.

This is the same sound mine makes. I was going to take it to the dealer the other morning and I couldnā€™t get it to make the sound (go figure right), but since that day it has continued to make the sounds. I plan on taking it in soon.

Last edited:

Mimzie2763

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Toyota Supra Turbo 6MT, 2023 FL5
This is the same sound mine makes. I was going to take it to the dealer the other morning and I couldnā€™t get it to make the sound (go figure right), but since that day it has continued to make the sounds. I plan on taking it in soon.

My Elantra N had the exact same issue.
Took it to dealer on three separate occasions, they replaced the whole rail assembly and that did not fix is so I went straight back and told them it was still there.
They then told me that the welding under the seat needed adjusting. Whatever that means.

OP
OP
ncryptm3

ncryptm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
My Elantra N had the exact same issue.
Took it to dealer on three separate occasions, they replaced the whole rail assembly and that did not fix is so I went straight back and told them it was still there.
They then told me that the welding under the seat needed adjusting. Whatever that means.
Wow I hope itā€™s not that bad šŸ˜•

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
Iā€™d try WD-40 or some grease before going to the dealership.

Xchax3

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP '23 Civic Type R #711
Long time since last update about rattling in center console;

There were a few issues I overlooked the day I purchased the car. Specifically, the rattling noise from the center console came from the vibration after start up and the wrapper from the wireless charging pad :bonk:. I would like to apologize for overlooking that possibility.

However, the hard plastic that covers the A pillar on the driver side of the car was separated from the rubber gasket-like liners that keeps it in place. I just squeezed it and placed it back in. I took it in just in case it messed with anything on the driver's side side-airbag but it was fine. Just a quality control issue with the plastic covering of the A-pillar so far. I hope that's all there is and for everyone else's cars as well.

OP
OP
ncryptm3

ncryptm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Iā€™d try WD-40 or some grease before going to the dealership.
If it were an old car, or a cheap car, sure. I donā€™t think I should have to do this on a brand new expensive car.

OP
OP
ncryptm3

ncryptm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Now I am scared that mine will rattle and creak. My Elantra N had so many rattles right until I sold it.
If this doesnā€™t get fixed I will sell it too. Not worth driving me crazy every time I take it out. Itā€™s the worst.

Mimzie2763

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Toyota Supra Turbo 6MT, 2023 FL5
If this doesnā€™t get fixed I will sell it too. Not worth driving me crazy every time I take it out. Itā€™s the worst.
Donā€™t sell it. The dealership will fix it. What are they doing currently?

OP
OP
ncryptm3

ncryptm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Donā€™t sell it. The dealership will fix it. What are they doing currently?
I havenā€™t been able to take it in due to work and such. Going to take it in the morning.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it were an old car, or a cheap car, sure. I donā€™t think I should have to do this on a brand new expensive car.
Well, itā€™s still a cheap car at $44k. Interior bits and pieces are no different from a base Civic. Itā€™s only expensive if you paid a high ADM.

From experience, taking cars to dealerships for every little thing thatā€™s ā€œwrongā€ may drive you crazy. Sometimes they will fix one issue only to introduce another one.

Iā€™m guessing the dealership will apply some grease to wherever the squeak is coming from. I highly doubt they will replace any parts.

Ministry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Boost Blue #684, 2022 Si (sold)
Well, itā€™s still a cheap car at $44k. Interior bits and pieces are no different from a base Civic.
Not accurate. The layout maybe the same but there are many differences including the use of entirely different materials. Even going from my Si (more upgraded than the base) to the Type R I was quite surprised how much more premium the Type R both looks and feels.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not accurate. The layout maybe the same but there are many differences including the use of entirely different materials. Even going from my Si (more upgraded than the base) to the Type R I was quite surprised how much more premium the Type R both looks and feels.
Eh, same shit. Just because itā€™s a different color and fabric doesnā€™t mean the underlying pieces arenā€™t identical. Thatā€™s how they fool you into thinking that itā€™s ā€œmore premiumā€.

If you think the Type R interior has superior quality over a base Civic and that itā€™s somehow less prone to squeaks and rattles, then Merry Christmas to you.

Ministry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Boost Blue #684, 2022 Si (sold)
If you think the Type R interior has superior quality over a base Civic and that itā€™s somehow less prone to squeaks and rattles, then Merry Christmas to you.
I never made that claim, in fact, it's been the complete opposite as my issues with squeaking in the FL5 is probably the most documented on this site even making a youtube video about it...
Sponsored

Last edited: