• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Issues after Braided Brake Line install and Brake Bleed

chikai

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Any luck...with the Nth time? I'm looking to do the same...hopefully learn something from your trial / error...thank you!

Thanks, I will do that. I do like having the service manual.

I already ordered some additional brake fluid and will be doing another flush this weekend.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bazgab

Bazgab

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Any luck...with the Nth time? I'm looking to do the same...hopefully learn something from your trial / error...thank you!

3rd time was the charm. The correct bleeding procedure was key (obviously). Concerning pedal feel/pressure after each bleeding sequence:

1st = 10% feeling
2nd = 90% feeling
3rd (with correct bleeding procedure) = 100% feeling

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
What a pita, glad you got it back to normal though.

I probably need to flush my fluid out before this season but posts like this really discourage me from trying

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen
Thanks for posting the instructions tez. I'm going to point out an extremely important part of those instructions because I haven't seen it discussed yet in this thread and I suspect it was the root cause of OP's problem.

After you bleed the rears you MUST cycle the EPB 5 times and then bleed them AGAIN. At a minimum. Usually I have found that you have to go through this cycle a full 2 times before all the air is out of they system. So bleed - cycle EPB 5 times, bleed, cycle EPB 5 times, and bleed one last time.

I'll also make a pitch for gravity bleeding if you have the time and patience, I have found that gravity bleeding to be extremely effective.

OP
OP
Bazgab

Bazgab

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Thanks for posting the instructions tez. I'm going to point out an extremely important part of those instructions because I haven't seen it discussed yet in this thread and I suspect it was the root cause of OP's problem.

After you bleed the rears you MUST cycle the EPB 5 times and then bleed them AGAIN. At a minimum. Usually I have found that you have to go through this cycle a full 2 times before all the air is out of they system. So bleed - cycle EPB 5 times, bleed, cycle EPB 5 times, and bleed one last time.

I'll also make a pitch for gravity bleeding if you have the time and patience, I have found that gravity bleeding to be extremely effective.
This is good information and is in that instructions PDF. PointByPatrol did post about being mindful of this earlier in the thread and it was one of the items I was unaware of at the time.
Sponsored