• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

delfinom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2006 V6 EXL
If they update the infortainment, chance we can get it as an update on the 10th gens, UI wise? This is my first time having all these features from a base ‘13 model as my previous car.
No chance at all. The 2022 Civic infotainment is actually a slightly updated version of the 2018+ Accord infotainment. If anything only the Accord would get any feature updates from the 2022 Civic. It's a very different platform, in fact it's designed to be end user updatable and has a built in update function as long as you give it a network connection via your phone.

The 10th gen Civic infotainment was not meant for an end user to update.
Sponsored

Kgm32

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Galant Ralliart,
That sport sedan is honestly great looking. Glad they got rid of the chrome bits for it and replaced it with black. And call me crazy but I feel like the side profile of it looks very similar to a charger. That might be just me tho. And if those are gonna be the wheels it comes with then I could definitely see a lot of people keeping them rather than buying new. They look soo much better than the stock 10th gen.

The interior looks like a step up from the 10th gen IMO. The hidden vents seem like a really cool idea but the knob to adjust them just protrudes out too much for my taste.

The HPD accessories do make the car look worlds better but not really a fan of the badge on the rear

Again the grille just looks like its lacking a little. I'm not a fan of the grid look on top and the trapezoids on the bottom. I just feel they should both match similar to the pro civic grille for the 10th gen.

All of these, of course, are pretty small things and in most cases easy to fix. The car looks objectively better in comparison to the to the 10th gen sedan IMO so I'm definitely excited for the hatch.
Sports sedan.. that's a stretch. I'm already bored looking at this car and sorry I think that interior is horribly bland. I see nothing of the Charger. Here's your true comp.

11th Gen Honda Civic Its Here! 2022 Honda Civic Sedan Official Pics, Videos and Specs images

Bru87tr

No Boost = N/A
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX 2.0 CVT
Wow, I can’t believe how bad of an overhaul Honda did. Talk about destroying looks. Now I’m wondering if I can get a leftover and trade in.

I figured eventually I would upgrade later, but man what did they do. Screams accord.

Madrigal77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX
As soon as I saw the 10th gen I was like "WOW! That's a Civic!!??!" and I wanted it. This is just bleh in every way. My wife is Japanese and I always say that the Japanese do everything better than us over here and we should just copy them lol. But with this result, they really should have left it in the hands of the NA team. There's just nothing to like here...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX
I do not like how the infotainments system sticks out more like an iPad versus my car, but at least that makes the dashboard low for good visibility, so it is not much of a big deal. The interior does look more luxurious than the previous model, but I'm gonna miss that 80's aesthetic instrument cluster in the 10th gen. :(

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
When the 10th gen came out, we were all wowed... at least I was. It was such a big change from previous Civics. I knew it would be my next car.

For the 11th gen, my hope was that it would be a evolution of the 10th gen. Maybe less vents and styling elements but still that swoopy, edgy look. Instead Honda does an about face and gives us an Accord "lite".

Time will tell if Honda's decision to go in this direction is a hit or a miss.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring
I like it overall. However, the front is boring. It also looks to me that the front and rear styling don’t belong on the same car - front is slender and long and rear is large and chunky.

Gino27

Red Rocket
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 si coupe
Official release states that the 1.5T in the EX and Touring now revs to 6,600 RPM which bodes well for the Si revving even higher too.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Looking at some of the specs...

Weight is up by 100+ pounds across the board.

The 2.0 appears to have a start-stop setup stsndard.

Sport and Touring get a Sport toggle that changes throttle mapping.

CVTs have been updated.

The 1.5's 180hp/177tw is on 87 octane.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
If you want a (mostly) full breakdown of the new civic sedan and its trims go to hondanews.com for the full press release. They’ve only really fleshed out some of the features. Mostly for the touring. Some info for the lower trims is still MIA (like stereo system sizes).

dbowe4415

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mazda3 s Grand Touring Hatchback
My fingers are crossed that the EX Hatch will have the larger infotainment and fully digital dashboard screen lol, as I want to save some money. ?

If not, then it'll be the Touring Sedan or (Sport?) Touring Hatch for me. The tech features are a big deal to me, and having that Bose sound system and leather seats doesn't hurt either.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Tempting to trade in the old EXT for a 2022 LX while used prices are still elevated. Not missing much other than sunroof, heated seats, lanewatch, and power. Really only wanted Sensing and Carplay for a daily commuter. 1.9% for 60 months is like free money if you put the rest in dogecoin. Hope it arrives early summer rather than later. Interest rates are still super low!
Sponsored