• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
People...every single generation the same comments are say...don't like it...ugly, blah blah blah...every single...one....and you'll see...after you see them on the road and your eye starts to accustom to it, people will like it. Typical humans and their difficulty with change....
People who don’t like the 10th gen’s aggressive design aren’t here to say how much they like the new conservative design.

I think it looks great in Sport form, more German like an older BMW or an A3. But base 10th gens Looked sleek and sporty, that’s no longer the case.
Sponsored

Syntaxis

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
After the reveal, I will admit the exterior does look better than it did when we saw the leak. It's a nice-looking car but I don't think it's a civic. It just looks like an accord. The front grill does look a lot less blocky which I thought it looked like in the leak but after seeing the higher quality photos it looks a lot better but I still think that they should have kept the little flairs on the sides of the hood just to keep it from looking so flat and keep more of that sporty-looking civic vibe.

Now the interior, personally I think it looks bad, it's just bad. I have no problem with digital displays but I don't like the simplicity of this one. It just looks too boring and kinda just has the look that it'll be laggy. The hidden vents seem like they could be a good idea but they just don't work here with those massive knobs. I personally think hidden vents would work better in a situation where you control where they point with a touchscreen or something as much as I hate that I think it would work with hidden vents. I also don't like how they made the interior look flatter and then put literally the biggest knobs possible to control the ac there just ruining any sort of flat aesthetic they had. The center console around the shifter is ok I guess idk it's just sorta there, there isn't anything drawing my eye aside from the fact that the usbs are in sight and now tucked away like in the 10th gen so I can't even try to hide my cords to make me feel like I'm not as messy. And that screen... oh my god I f***ing hate when manufacturers do this. It just looks bad. It looks someone can come into my car and tap it too hard and it just comes off or I hit a bump too hard and it goes into goddamn orbit.

So yes while the car's exterior does look better than it did in the leak I still think it's a step back from the 10th gen. The interior ofc we did not see in the leak so I have nothing to compare it to aside from the 10th gen, and it's just bad. There's actually nothing that redeems the interior. It's just bad everywhere. Yes, it's futuristic and yes someone will like it, I just think it doesn't fit the civic. It looks like an EV interior at best or like a Chrysler interior or something.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
People...every single generation the same comments are say...don't like it...ugly, blah blah blah...every single...one....and you'll see...after you see them on the road and your eye starts to accustom to it, people will like it. Typical humans and their difficulty with change....
Remind me again who said the 10th gen concept was ugly??? I'll wait.....:cool:

11th Gen Honda Civic Its Here! 2022 Honda Civic Sedan Official Pics, Videos and Specs 2016-Honda-Civic-Concept-2

11th Gen Honda Civic Its Here! 2022 Honda Civic Sedan Official Pics, Videos and Specs e08ff12e79887819e6ad983b18c003be

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Remind me again who said the 10th gen concept was ugly??? I'll wait.....:cool:

2016-Honda-Civic-Concept-2.jpg

e08ff12e79887819e6ad983b18c003be.jpg
That's something I've mentioned about these auto magazines and reviewers.... when the 10th gen concept dropped they were IN LOVE with it... they absolutely gushed over the style.... and then once the car was out... suddenly it was polarizing... over styled... etc.. What changed??? I can almost promise that all the current reviews calling the 11th gen "sleek, sporty, clean, mature" in less than a year of the car being on sale will be saying "boring, lackluster, forgettable" about it's styling...

I can say that I don't think i'd ever been more excited about a car than I was for the 10th gen... the coupe especially hit all the right notes for me, and I've now owned two 10th gen coupes and loved both of them. Not only did Honda axe the coupe, which Honda has always been known and famous for its FWD sports coupes (and yes, I understand sales numbers blah blah blah... every automaker has niche models despite low sales volume). As for the 11th gen... I've had to really convince myself to be even a little excited for it... and it seems like as info slowly comes out... I get less and less excited. But maybe the 12th gen will be a revolution again.

spenafon

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Sports sedan.. that's a stretch. I'm already bored looking at this car and sorry I think that interior is horribly bland. I see nothing of the Charger. Here's your true comp.

images.jpeg
When I say sport sedan I mean the sport variant of the sedan. Like saying sport hatch or touring sedan..........like..... what

dbowe4415

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mazda3 s Grand Touring Hatchback
This forum will look wildly different in about a year lol, just wait for people to start buying the car.

fjrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 4 door LX with CVT
They retained that goofy 0-160 analog speedo. I prefer the digital speedo. More compact and usable.

Also they moved the radiator cap back to the radiator. No more plastic pressurized expansion tank.

LED external lighting is a major improvement.

Also like moving the mirrors out onto the doors. A visual gap is created looking down onto the ground. Hope wind noise isn't increased.

_i!i!i!_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
There. is one thing that i am hating in "most" of new cars is that the infotainment screen popping out of the dashboard. I mean is there a technical reason to do so? GM vehicles have been able to put that in dashboard. VW Jetta has it in dashboard. new mrec has gone one step ahead and make a big screen which captures both speedometer and the infotainment. why can't other cars put that in the dashboard :(

I got 2016 civic and one of the reason i chose civic among others was because the infotainment screen was kind of in dashboard, it wasn't popping out and in 2022 its popping out now ... its kind of pet peeve for me.

delfinom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2006 V6 EXL
There. is one thing that i am hating in "most" of new cars is that the infotainment screen popping out of the dashboard. I mean is there a technical reason to do so? GM vehicles have been able to put that in dashboard. VW Jetta has it in dashboard. new mrec has gone one step ahead and make a big screen which captures both speedometer and the infotainment. why can't other cars put that in the dashboard :(

I got 2016 civic and one of the reason i chose civic among others was because the infotainment screen was kind of in dashboard, it wasn't popping out and in 2022 its popping out now ... its kind of pet peeve for me.

Technical reason - Easier to assemble and service
Safety reason - You aren't taking your eyes too far off the road while driving

I honestly think GM, Subaru and other very middle displays are pretty unsafe to drive with.

mikul

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
The new Civic is practical and offers everything I need in a car, but nothing that I want. It's upscale, sleek, clean, and devoid of any personality. Nothing about the new Civic is fun. If someone sat me down in the driver's seat and asked me to guess which manufacturer made it, I'd be hard pressed to say it was Honda, Toyota, Audi, Kia or Subaru. I know the monolith embedded-in-the-dash screen placement is ubiquitous. It's better than Tesla's tablet-sticky-tacked-to-the-dash look, but with all of the space they aren't using on the dash cluster would it have been difficult to embed the screen so it looks like part of the car?

I liked the 10th gen from day 1. While it was a bit much, it was a bit much evenly across the car. They could have overstyled the rear and left the rest looking boring and that would have been awful. Instead, they dove in with both feet and committed to the design. While I didn't like everything about it, at least there were things to like: the rear headlights, the mutli-level parking garage that is the center console, and that shit-eating grin on its face.

Last edited:

Syntek

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
The only thing I'd want from this car are the new black wheels, the bose audio system + head unit, and that shifter placement.

Everything else seems meh to me

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
Is there even enough space for a manual transmission? It looks there is not enough room to move sideways. I doubt we will see a non-SI hatch with manual. The SI (sedan and hatch?) may be the only way to get the manual now as the console would need to have a slightly reconfigured layout

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si

There’s a few reasons for this.
1. while it looks not as streamlined, your eyes do not have to leave the road nearly as much to view the screen. (I hate the look too, but fully support the reason).
2. Particularly with this car by having it stick out allowed the entire dashboard to be 2 inches or so lower. = increased visibility/better seating position.

mikul

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
There’s a few reasons for this.
1. while it looks not as streamlined, your eyes do not have to leave the road nearly as much to view the screen. (I hate the look too, but fully support the reason).
Why not integrate it in to the dash in a way similar to how the speedometer is which is also designed to minimize the time your eyes need to leave the road?

Ethan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T manual
Is there even enough space for a manual transmission? It looks there is not enough room to move sideways. I doubt we will see a non-SI hatch with manual. The SI (sedan and hatch?) may be the only way to get the manual now as the console would need to have a slightly reconfigured layout
See Honda Accord manual, center console is different from the automatics
Sponsored