• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Jerking when putting foot off/on throttle only in R mode

simmic9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Hey guys,

Quick one.

When I'm in R mode and I'm cruising, take my foot off the gas - say, the car in front slows down slightly then goes - and then put my foot back on the gas - the car jerks slightly. Even if I feather the gas it still jerks a bit.

Doesn't do this in comfort mode but only in R mode.

2nd or 3rd gear, anywhere between 2-3.5k rpm. Happen for anyone else/is it normal?
Sponsored

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
In comfort mode the throttle response is slooooow. The car shouldnā€™t jerk in +R mode, but the throttle response is definitely much more immediate (as it should be). My guess is that youā€™re simply used to comfort mode and need more time to adjust your feet for the ā€œproperā€ modes. Also, in general, keep your RPMs at 2500+ as this is about where the engineā€™s max torque begins. If youā€™re shifting below that (and dropping the clutch), you could be lugging the engine a little and getting some jerking. Lugging is no bueno! These engines like RPMs, unlike ye olde tymey American V8ā€™s.

Last edited:

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 touring 2.0T, 2005 Toyota 4runner SR5, 2012 c

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB Type-R
Huh... I learned something new. I also experienced the jerking, same as OP. I use Individual mode, but have Engine set to +R. I set Engine to Sport today, and didn't get to drive it much, but it seems to have helped.

Last edited:

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Throttle response is the same between sport and +R mode iirc

type r fanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Type R - Sonic Gray Pearl
Throttle response is the same between sport and +R mode iirc
What else does the engine setting change then? I thought it was just throttle response

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
What else does the engine setting change then? I thought it was just throttle response
Iā€™m not entirely sure. I just vaguely recall reading in another thread that throttle response is the same for Sport and +R. Maybe someone else will chime-in. +R engine mode feels more ā€œrowdy,ā€ so thereā€™s gotta be something to that.