• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

K Tuner Initial Install

mfwalsh942

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
I got my K Tuner V2 today, locked my ECU to the unit, downloaded the software, registered, watch the setup videos a half dozen times, and now... I have no idea which map to install, so I'm looking for some guidance. Here are the facts:

- 2019 Sport Hatch 6 MT with just over 3,000 miles, no bolt ons or other performance mods yet. Just K Tuner.
- Daily driver, 20 minute mostly highway commute to and from work, minimal traffic most days
- I don't auto cross or do track days and probably never will. Not that interested
- I really just like the fun factor and having a bit more zip

Here is what is available I think?

11th Gen Honda Civic K Tuner Initial Install upload_2019-4-13_11-7-19

Any thoughts? Thanks for any input
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
As long as you're running 91+ octane, open up the dual 15/21 PSI starter tune. Factory boost in ECO, increased boost on normal mode.

Use the quick enables to remove rev hang and enable quick spool.

Then hop over into the quick adjustments and play with throttle response, turbo ramp, etc. to your taste. The Ktuner help files will tell you what each option does.

All of the above is perfectly safe on the 6MT as long as you don't abuse a cold motor. I use all the above settings in my daily commute (40 km, 80/20 highway/city).

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
If your not planning on going and adjusting any parameters make it simple and click stage 2.
That's what I have on my 2018 SPORT HB and its great. I relfashed it to that at 5k miles and I'm at 13k miles now, not a single problem.

Since then I've done some other mods so Im planning on doing one of the "end user" maps so I can adjust some stuff soon

OP
OP
mfwalsh942

mfwalsh942

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If your not planning on going and adjusting any parameters make it simple and click stage 2.
I will give that a shot. I set up 3 buttons with Stage 1, Stage 2, and the Dual Target Eco 21. I just went for a test drive on Stage 1 and it was a very nice bump. I'll flash to Stage 2 and give that a try.. Woo hoo! the fun factor just went WAY up!

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Yeah it's literally the best investment for this car. And I drive my car 150 miles a day for work which blows but it's a very reliable tune and makes the drive alot more enjoyable!

OP
OP
mfwalsh942

mfwalsh942

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As long as you're running 91+ octane
Ya, I run 93 Octane Shell V Power Nitro for every fill up. I made those adjustments and saved the tune to one of my buttons. I'll give that a try soon. Thanks for the tips!

OP
OP
mfwalsh942

mfwalsh942

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Use the quick enables to remove rev hang and enable quick spool.
I'm not finding any tabs or menu items labeled "Quick Enables". I've clicked through everything, read the help files, and don't see anything labeled "Rev Hang" or "Quick Spool" even though I read about it in the help files. I have the "Quick Adjustments" tab, but not "Quick Enables". Any suggestions?

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I'm not finding any tabs or menu items labeled "Quick Enables". I've clicked through everything, read the help files, and don't see anything labeled "Rev Hang" or "Quick Spool" even though I read about it in the help files. I have the "Quick Adjustments" tab, but not "Quick Enables". Any suggestions?
Did you flash the "stage" tunes or the "starter" tunes? Stage tunes are locked, you can't play with them as much as "starter" tunes.

OP
OP
mfwalsh942

mfwalsh942

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you flash the "stage" tunes or the "starter" tunes? Stage tunes are locked, you can't play with them as much as "starter" tunes.
I did the Dual Target Starter tune

OP
OP
mfwalsh942

mfwalsh942

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmm. This may be an initial release as it's a 2019 ECU? @KTuner could confirm. Further support may come in an update.
They did. I emailed them, and they had an amazingly fast response. "You have a 19 model and your ECU was recently added with initial support with the included tunes. More features will be released later."

That's awesome customer service to respond that quickly. Thank you K Tuner!

OP
OP
mfwalsh942

mfwalsh942

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're welcome!
BTW, can't wait for the full suite of capabilities at some point. I've flashed the Stage 1 and now I'm running the Stage 2 and having a blast driving the car. I took my 18 y/o daughter for a ride and she asked me about the "box with the big K on the front" so I told her what it was for, and then my foot got a little heavy... She was grinning from ear to ear and commented how much faster the acceleration was. I'm really looking forward to disabling Rev Hang though, it's much more annoying now that I've got a bit more fun factor. Keep up the great work K Tuner, thanks for all you do.

NSaneeee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan
So question I’m new here. I have a 2019 Sport Sedan, which ktuner would I have to get? I’m interested in getting one but not sure which one I would need that works for my car.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
So question I’m new here. I have a 2019 Sport Sedan, which ktuner would I have to get? I’m interested in getting one but not sure which one I would need that works for my car.
Doesn't matter. V1.2 vs V2 is just whether you want a unit with a screen and ability to flash without a laptop in the car. No matter which unit you pick it will find your ECU and only let you load appropriate tune files. Read above though, seems like some 2019s are on "initial releases" which are slightly feature-limited at present.
Sponsored