• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Katzkin leather. Your opinion on color combo? I used to run a Chevy dealer and the guy who is installing has done 100s of katzkin jobs for me.

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si,15 GS FSport,19 mini S, 06 e46, 09 CX9,
I am about to order this color combo for my SGP. What do you guys think?
11th Gen Honda Civic Katzkin leather. Your opinion on color combo? I used to run a Chevy dealer and the guy who is installing has done 100s of katzkin jobs for me. 0B346D43-7C80-4B5D-AC46-6208F6A2A77E
Sponsored

rui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG6, AP1, FL5
Personally I'd avoid introducing a new color (blue) that doesn't match anything else on the car. How about gray to match the exterior?

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Blaze your own path!

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Agree with @rui
Keep it clean and simple. Itā€™ll look good now and in distant future (if thatā€™s your goal). If I recall, we also talked you out of painting your door handles blackā€¦which, back in the day, was what one would get (stock) on a base level vehicle, including Civics. Thatā€™s the quickest way to make your car look cheap. Lol!

I understand you want to customize it and add your own personality to it. What I suggest is looking at other customized vehicles that you reeeeally like and use pics of them as inspiration. The best, most tasteful, custom vehicles tend to have an overall theme with matching colorsā€¦but they donā€™t go crazy with putting multiple accent colors everywhereā€¦unless theyā€™re going for a really over-the-top look (for car shows and such). It might look cool now, but will it look cool in five + years? Rarely is this the case.

I can see the blue working, but, you should also do blue stitching throughout, not red. Or, if you want the red stitching, go with red, gray, or black suede on the seats (not blue).

It is your car. It may be best that you just try things too. Itā€™s the best way to learnā€¦but, in this case might be an expensive lesson.

OP
OP
Brooklyncowboy
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys. Kit is ordered, Iā€™ll post once installed. Rs lip getting installed later today

OP
OP
Brooklyncowboy
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This was what I just approved at Katzkin

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Maybe it doesnā€™t match anything but that looks awesome. Is the blue part leather? It kind of looks like cloth.

OP
OP
Brooklyncowboy
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is suede. Stitching is red like the rest of the car.
The door panel inserts will also be changed from the red and black tweed to blue suede

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Respect for doing your own thing. Def not my cup of tea.

Recommend the tux mats to black out the floor.

2nd edit looks like your door is all hacked up.

OP
OP
Brooklyncowboy
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing wrong with the door. I have custom matching blue carpeted mats with red stitched borders being made

Savannah@TSP

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
'23 Si, ā€˜20 FC4 (sold)
I like the idea, but not the blue. Not my car, though, and if that's what makes you happy, then that's truly all that matters.

Looks like the quality is decent. How customizable is it?

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Looks great! Curious, did you ask if they can match your gray paint? That might look weird though.

Do you mind sharing how much that costs? Will definitely consider that if I get an Si.
Sponsored