• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Large Guy, Sore Thighs: Regarding the stock seats on the Type R

marksopp

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R (Championship White)
Hey friends,

I've been looking around for some ideas on replacement seats for the Type R and I'm pretty much drawing blanks on what would work best for being a larger dude. The driver's seat is bearable for longer drives, but I'm really concerned about the longevity of the seat with my thighs constantly pushing against the bolstering.

Curious if any of you have had success in finding replacement seats?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Doskiller

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R FL5
I had the driver's seat in my FL5 modified at a local custom upholstery shop. At my direction he cut out the round bar supports that hold up the bolstering. He then inserted stiff foam rubber into the bolster pads to keep some support but also add some flex so they would not constantly dig into my thighs. I also had this done to the Recaros on my Shelby GT350R and it was an awesome solution for me on both cars. The seats in the FL5 are just perfect for me otherwise ......... a semi firm fit but super comfortable.
You might also try adding some seat cushions in the bottom there for raising your legs somewhat above the bolsters and then lowering your seat to compensate for the height increase. This worked decent for a while in my Shelby but in the end I had them modded for ultimate comfort.

11th Gen Honda Civic Large Guy, Sore Thighs: Regarding the stock seats on the Type R IMG_2725

11th Gen Honda Civic Large Guy, Sore Thighs: Regarding the stock seats on the Type R IMG_2726

11th Gen Honda Civic Large Guy, Sore Thighs: Regarding the stock seats on the Type R IMG_2727