• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Don't be this guy!

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Yea she messed up and gave up. Was probably tired of having me painted in her mirrors.
Lol I was thinking the exact same thing. It is too hard to ignore!

Hell I scraped my damn wheels the other day because some asshat was glued to my bumper. It is what it is. Not my proudest moment.
Sponsored

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
I stay overnight when I'm there. It's worth the drive. One of the top 3 most technical tracks in the country. A lot of what you learn at VIR can be applied elsewhere.
What are the other 2 in your opinion?

Did you stay at the hosing on site? I am thinking about going next season with my wife and son but I donā€™t want them to get too bored. That or Iā€™m away for 3 days for 1 day of track. Lol

OP
OP
PointByPatrol

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
What are the other 2 in your opinion?

Did you stay at the hosing on site? I am thinking about going next season with my wife and son but I donā€™t want them to get too bored. That or Iā€™m away for 3 days for 1 day of track. Lol
The track accomodations are okay, but there are also airbnb's in the area that are cheap. Probably COTA and Road Atlanta.

Djseto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Mazda RX7, 2023 Boost Blue FL5
This whole vid gives me anxiety and pisses me off. I may avoid going to VIR after seeing this, because I can't imagine after a 5 hour+ drive to have this crap waiting for me. Wow.
I've run with some great groups at VIR. It's a world class track. Def with the drive provided you can run the full or grand course config. Most people the South, North or Patriot configuration.

Staying on track is conveniet but expensive. 20 min away in Danville, VA is where I usually stay at the local Marriott Courtyard. Also way more food options out there.

Djseto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Mazda RX7, 2023 Boost Blue FL5
The track accomodations are okay, but there are also airbnb's in the area that are cheap. Probably COTA and Road Atlanta.
I'd add Barber Motorsports Park in AL to the list. I never did cars there but did motorcycles. It's an amazing track. I'd second Road Atlanta as well but the the last turn on the front straight i hate because if you run off, there is a wall and when I was there on motorcycles, they didn have the airwall up and I think they've since modofied the layout to control the speed coming down hill in the right on the front straight/pit in.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I stay overnight when I'm there. It's worth the drive. One of the top 3 most technical tracks in the country. A lot of what you learn at VIR can be applied elsewhere.
It's been many years since I've been to VIR. And I agree, it's one of the more technical tracks in the country. Granted I haven't been to Lime Rock or Laguna Seca, which I've heard great things about, but VIR has its place on the list.

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
Thatā€™s just great, you guys are naming tracks Iā€™ve never been. Iā€™ve only been to a handful here in the NE.

OP
OP
PointByPatrol

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Thatā€™s just great, you guys are naming tracks Iā€™ve never been. Iā€™ve only been to a handful here in the NE.
If you can master/be good at VIR, then other tracks will feel "easier". At least the experience that I've had personally. I'm still working towards "mastery" should that even be possible.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Either the drivers are not being given a clear and thorough enough orientation prior to driving - along with emphasis and consequences (crashes/banned from the track, etc.) - or they are ignoring it.
Or they are just that unaware of their surroundings because they are using their full attention just to drive. Being charitable on that last.

This is why I prefer time trials.

You were very patient considering. Hope you spoke with the track manager.

Thank you for posting this, Very informative, and gives a feel for what it is to drive VIR, in the next gen of what I am working with.

OP
OP
PointByPatrol

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Either the drivers are not being given a clear and thorough enough orientation prior to driving - along with emphasis and consequences (crashes/banned from the track, etc.) - or they are ignoring it.
Or they are just that unaware of their surroundings because they are using their full attention just to drive. Being charitable on that last.

This is why I prefer time trials.

You were very patient considering. Hope you spoke with the track manager.

Thank you for posting this, Very informative, and gives a feel for what it is to drive VIR, in the next gen of what I am working with.
Look closer. They had instructors. I did bring it to the attention of the Chief instructor.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Wow, that makes it worse. Even if they were blind to someone behind them, how did their instructors not tell them to move over?

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
I saw that ZO6!!! šŸ˜ šŸ„°

BTW, you have a great voice for radio. :)

Last edited:

midway1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Vette guy needs to get his head out of his ass. Also, where were all the blue and black flags?