• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Largest tire size on stock wheels

JUNHPARK18

First Name
Jun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Cayman S, 2023 Honda Civic Type R, 2015 BMW
Whats the largest tire size I can run on the stock wheels. Would like more sidewall for sure than 30's.
Sponsored

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Best way to do it is downsize to 18" and run 265/35R18. You can "stretch" to some degree to fit a narrower tire to have more sidewall on 19", but I doubt you want that.

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Why not 265/35R19 on the stock wheels? You'll have the same, exact, extra sidewall over stock as you would with a 265/35R18, and it doesn't affect the suspension geometry, as the wheel is the same. The 18s have -15 offset compared with OEM.

submitaweasel

First Name
sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 integra
Why not 265/35R19 on the stock wheels? You'll have the same, exact, extra sidewall over stock as you would with a 265/35R18, and it doesn't affect the suspension geometry, as the wheel is the same. The 18s have -15 offset compared with OEM.
Going with a 35 aspect ratio without decreasing either wheel size or tread width would increase the overall diameter of the tire. This would mean the speedometer would need recalibrated, acceleration would be affected because in essence you are changing final drive ratio, and handling characteristics would be changed. Changing the diameter of the tire is never recommended.

Im not sure where your offset argument comes into play with this. Maybe you are referring to a different factory wheel? There is no reason to change offset when changing wheel diameter unless clearance (typically brake calipers) is an issue.

With a 265 tread width tire, going from a 30 to 35 aspect ratio increases the diameter of the tire by 26.5mm (1.05"). As stated above you would need to downsize to an 18" wheel to run the larger sidewall.

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Going with a 35 aspect ratio without decreasing either wheel size or tread width would increase the overall diameter of the tire. This would mean the speedometer would need recalibrated, acceleration would be affected because in essence you are changing final drive ratio, and handling characteristics would be changed. Changing the diameter of the tire is never recommended.

Im not sure where your offset argument comes into play with this. Maybe you are referring to a different factory wheel? There is no reason to change offset when changing wheel diameter unless clearance (typically brake calipers) is an issue.

With a 265 tread width tire, going from a 30 to 35 aspect ratio increases the diameter of the tire by 26.5mm (1.05"). As stated above you would need to downsize to an 18" wheel to run the larger sidewall.
Yes, the speedometer will be off by almost 4% and the turn in might feel different, but it's better than going to a different offset, which the 18s for this car are as I was saying. Most are ET45 or less even, and OEM is ET60. So you have -15 or -22 (on ET38s I see for this car). That affects handling more than a larger diameter wheel. There's no ET60 18" wheel for this car, that's the problem.

But yes, both are compromises. I wish Honda (as well as other manufactures) would stop with these crazy, low profile tires, which are problematic on real roads. They should have an 18" OEM option.

Last edited:

submitaweasel

First Name
sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 integra
Yes, the speedometer will be off by almost 4% and the turn in might feel different, but it's better than going to a different offset, which the 18s for this car are as I was saying. Most are ET45 or less even, and OEM is ET60. So you have -15 or -22 (on ET38s I see for this car). That affects handling more than a larger diameter wheel. There's no ET60 18" wheel for this car, that's the problem.

But yes, both are compromises. I wish Honda (as well as other manufactures) would stop with these crazy, low profile tires, which are problematic on real roads. They should have an 18" OEM option.
But big rimz, yo.

NekrouZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Sorry to bump up old topic,

Is there any chance the stock wheels could fit 275/35 R19 without any rubbing issue?

Somehow, the 275/35 R19 is more common and cheaper than 265/35 R19 in my country as I need to change the tyre due to speed bump on my neighbourhood.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec

Is there any chance the stock wheels could fit 275/35 R19 without any rubbing issue?

Somehow, the 275/35 R19 is more common and cheaper than 265/35 R19 in my country as I need to change the tyre due to speed bump on my neighbourhood.
I believe some have gone this size. I'm running 275/30/19 and no issues. Other than speedometer being off some going with the 35 tall shouldnt be an issue.

Azkyrie

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra Type S

Running 275/35/R19 Vredestein tires. No rubbing issues whatsoever. Even on speed bumps.