• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Lighter - Fl5 Type R special edition "S grade" set the recent Nurburgring record (not yet sold, will be in some European markets as LHD only)

Civiz

First Name
Linton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wilkis
11th Gen Honda Civic Lighter - Fl5 Type R special edition "S grade" set the recent Nurburgring record (not yet sold, will be in some European markets as LHD only) fl5_nurburgring_annotated

Turns out that it was a #lighter, #SpecialEdition #FL5 that set the new Nurburgring record. (not yet sold, will be in some europoean markets only as LHD)

⚫No A/C, no GPS module, no tonneau cover; no auto dimming interior mirror; no parking sensors, no electric adjustment or heating functions on mirrors etc...

Honda website:
https://hondanews.eu/eu/en/cars/med...duction-vehicle-fwd-lap-record-at-nurburgring

Carscoops:
https://www.carscoops.com/2023/04/h...ring-record-but-its-not-coming-to-u-s-or-u-k/

Drive Article:
https://www.drive.com.au/news/sneaky-tactic-behind-honda-civic-type-r-nurburgring-lap/
Sponsored

Kevv_Her

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2018 Type R, 2013 Civic Ex
OOOOF.

Still pretty impressive though.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
I'd love for this to come to the US.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
I'd love for this to come to the US.
Just do it yourself and gut the interior, remove seats, and remove the AC. Create a S Grade+

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Exactly. US cars don’t come with some of the accessories that other regions get anyway. We just have to remove some stuff and add Cup 2 tires. AC? That’s just held in with a couple of clips, then you remove a fuse, and boom - S grade.🤣🤣🤣

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Not much weight savings vs the US cars to be honest. I wonder if it has the shorter 6th gear that's being speculated about.

OP
OP

Civiz

First Name
Linton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wilkis
Not much weight savings vs the US cars to be honest. I wonder if it has the shorter 6th gear that's being speculated about.
~Not sure ho much weight was saved.
~Honda has not released that data to my knowledge.

⚫No A/C, no GPS module, no tonneau cover; no auto dimming interior mirror; no parking sensors, no electric adjustment or heating functions on mirrors etc...

The weight savings may have made record breaking moment possible where previously out of reach

OP
OP

Civiz

First Name
Linton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wilkis
Exactly. US cars don’t come with some of the accessories that other regions get anyway. We just have to remove some stuff and add Cup 2 tires. AC? That’s just held in with a couple of clips, then you remove a fuse, and boom - S grade.🤣🤣🤣
Us version of fk8 and fl5 got lots of the stuff now removed from fl5 according to spec sheet

⚫A/C, GPS module, tonneau cover; auto dimming interior mirror; parking sensors, electric adjustment or heating functions on mirrors etc, all of which were removed for this "S Grade" variant, and most of which may be found in standard Us fl5

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I was joking @Civiz

But while we’re here, I’m pretty positive the only stuff the US cars have that isn’t on the S grade are AC, GPS, tonneau cover, visor lights, and cargo net hooks. The US cars don’t have a lot of stuff that comes standard in other regions, like heated mirrors, parking sensors, auto-dimming mirror, etc.

Last edited:

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Whereas the last Megane only had the rear seat removed, an L4 swap, two rockets strapped on back, wheels and body shell made from unobtanium...etc.
And a roll cage designed to offset any inherent chassis flex.
Now that Renault has lost the record to Honda yet again, their next car, the Megane Area 51, will be stock alien tech, to avoid criticism.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
From Autocar - the megane for over $80k

not to mention extensive – weight-saving focus of this car that is a key aspect of what makes the Trophy-R special. The rear seats have been stripped out (-25.3kg); a lightweight Akrapovic titanium exhaust has been fitted (-7kg); there’s a new carbon-composite bonnet and carbonfibre rear diffuser (-8kg and -2.3kg respectively); thinner rear glass has been installed (-1kg); and there’s now no rear wiper either (-3kg).

The list goes on, of course, but the most eye-catching change is that Renault Sport has done away with the 4Control four-wheel steering that so polarises opinion on the standard models. This change alone amounts to 32kg being removed, and is a key contributor to Trophy-R’s total weight saving of 130kg over the regular Trophy. Renault claims a minimum unladen kerb weight of 1306kg – although, with a full tank of fuel, our car weighed in at even less: 1280kg.”

First Name
Hong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
I believe the run in the 2017 FK8 car was in stock form. This FL5 is obviously not.
Especally the Cup 2 tires made a big difference in a long track.
Sponsored