• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N
I'm pretty sure that the ILX replacement will offer "sporty" engine option with 10AT or DCT.
That's what I'm waiting for.
We still haven't seen a single test mule of it tho.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
I'm pretty sure that the ILX replacement will offer "sporty" engine option with 10AT or DCT.
That's what I'm waiting for.
We still haven't seen a single test mule of it tho.
Well from my understanding it will get the new Si’s engine as the base upwards and then the Type S will get the 2.0T Type R engine with the both having the 10 AT.

SWIMS

First Name
EDD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
You think the next Sport Touring hatch might appeal to you?? At this rate I'm doubtful the SI will even offer a hatchback either...but if there is a Sport Touring model it might work for me...especially if the Sport Touring still offers the manual transmission.
Dang I never thought of that. I’m very certain that it has to have a manual therefore be an Si. It’s Honda’s dna and they know that. There can’t be a hatch with no manual UNLESS they just keep it for the type r. Which I hope they don’t because I want an Si hatch real bad. Then again manual transmissions are on their way out ? it’s a tricky question and situation for sure my guy . But I’m very certain that Honda won’t limit a manual to a sedan especially since the coupé was killed off.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I think this is a missed opportunity. There is a market for affordable sporty cars with good automatic transmissions. In fact, arguably the Si's biggest Competitor, the VW GTI is known for just for that.
They probably want to use the upcoming Acura to compete with GTI at a higher price range.

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Great news
I'm hoping the next-next gen, the XII also has a manual. I'll be ready to trade in my 2020 CTR then. The dream is manual FWD + electrified rear axel.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Gee, manual only...like it should be. More than enough automatics out there. Rowing your own in a Honda is easy and fun, not exactly laborious,.
Bad traffic is bad traffic and always annoying. Don't blame the manual.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Gee, manual only...like it should be. More than enough automatics out there. Rowing your own in a Honda is easy and fun, not exactly laborious,.
Bad traffic is bad traffic and always annoying. Don't blame the manual.
I don’t think less choice is ever good, and it makes no sense to me to limit sales to the tiny portion of the market who wants a manual.

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
I don’t think less choice is ever good, and it makes no sense to me to limit sales to the tiny portion of the market who wants a manual.
This is likely so that Acura small sedan (ILX/RSX/Integra) buyers stay with Acura and don’t downgrade to the civic. it would be basically the same car for currently 3-4K less. The new car is likely to be a lot more and less competition with each other but time will tell.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
I totally get the "tradition" of the Si being manual only. Yet from a business perspective, it's surprising. I mean, most car companies are hurting a bit these days and limiting sales like that probably isn't making Honda stockholders happy.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
This is likely so that Acura small sedan (ILX/RSX/Integra) buyers stay with Acura and don’t downgrade to the civic. it would be basically the same car for currently 3-4K less. The new car is likely to be a lot more and less competition with each other but time will tell.
Yeah if they offer a DTC 1.5T Integra for like $30k and a DTC 2.0T Integra for like $45k then it makes sense. But that makes too much sense for Acura.
Sponsored