• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

SFerrusco

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si (Ktuner, K&N Intake)
I'm glad the SI and Type R are manual only. If you can't drive manual you'll have to settle for the sport,hatch or touring. Otherwise learn how to drive manual and you will see how much fun it is. You might never want to go back to automatic :dunno:
Sponsored

BladeShunner

First Name
Karter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hyundai Accent Limited
I'm glad the SI and Type R are manual only. If you can't drive manual you'll have to settle for the sport,hatch or touring. Otherwise learn how to drive manual and you will see how much fun it is. You might never want to go back to automatic :dunno:
There are some of us, probably few, who can’t drive a manual because of physical limitations. I’ve always admired the Si, but as far as I’m concerned without an option for an automatic it is forbidden fruit. ?

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
There are some of us, probably few, who can’t drive a manual because of physical limitations. I’ve always admired the Si, but as far as I’m concerned without an option for an automatic it is forbidden fruit. ?
Yup and many people can drive stick but their wife cannot, and buy an auto for that reason. Honda is hurting themselves going manual only.

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - Championship White, 2006 Honda Civic Si - Fiji Blue Pearl
Thank goodness, so tired of the automatic transmission profiferation garbage. Zoomers need to learn how to drive a 6MT and also to stop whining at everything.

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - Championship White, 2006 Honda Civic Si - Fiji Blue Pearl
Yup and many people can drive stick but their wife cannot, and buy an auto for that reason. Honda is hurting themselves going manual only.
I know more women who can drive stick than men these days. So, really, the issue are the male crowd. "Men" who want to shave every fraction of a second they can to compete against who can make it faster from the green light to the upcoming light for brainless reasons.

Any fraction of a second spared by a DCT is lost in fun factor by orders of magnitudes. The class of cars and price-point the Si is in is one where the fun factor matters more than shaving seconds.

Also, we need more 6MT in the used market, the more the better - we are running out of them.

Last edited:

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N
Thank goodness, so tired of the automatic transmission profiferation garbage. Zoomers need to learn how to drive a 6MT and also to stop whining at everything.
I'm tired of this manual elitism.
I learned how to drive in a 5MT truck. I've owned multiple 6MT vehicles, including the type R.
But after my leg injury last year, I can't operate clutch pedal safely anymore.
So I had no choice but to get something with AT.
I miss driving manual, but all I can do right now is to find something that's not CVT.

So, tell me.
Am I not "qualified" to buy a Type R? or are YOU trying to disqualify me?

AT option doesn't mean it will be AT ONLY. They can offer both transmissions like their competitors.
More options are always good for customers.
I'll just wait for the new compact Type S. Not a problem.
But don't rush to conclusion that all AT drivers don't know how to drive stick.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Funny you mentioned the manual elitism. I've talked about this for years.

I'm an older guy and for 25+ years, all my cars were manuals. But back in 2010 my wife was seriously ill and the medical bills were piling up. We had to cut back to one vehicle to make ends meet. And since my wife couldn't drive stick, I reluctantly bought a car with an automatic.

The thing is, sometimes transmission choice is based on circumstance. Sure, manuals are more engaging, but just because someone owns a car with an automatic doesn't mean they aren't an enthusiast or a "real driver".

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
I'm tired of this manual elitism.
I learned how to drive in a 5MT truck. I've owned multiple 6MT vehicles, including the type R.
But after my leg injury last year, I can't operate clutch pedal safely anymore.
So I had no choice but to get something with AT.
I miss driving manual, but all I can do right now is to find something that's not CVT.

So, tell me.
Am I not "qualified" to buy a Type R? or are YOU trying to disqualify me?

AT option doesn't mean it will be AT ONLY. They can offer both transmissions like their competitors.
More options are always good for customers.
I'll just wait for the new compact Type S. Not a problem.
But don't rush to conclusion that all AT drivers don't know how to drive stick.
Well said. I am waiting on the Acura small sedan as well for the DCT. I really don’t enjoy driving MT where I live for work. Honestly even tempted to change my weekend car to an AT.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
17 HBS, 18 SI, 18 CTR, 14 Ridgeline
I think will have to swap in our EX sedan for a Hatchback just to keep the MT support moving.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
I think will have to swap in our EX sedan for a Hatchback just to keep the MT support moving.
If it's true the Si will be sedan only this gen, you guys should consider Sport Hatch + Si sedan

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
Some interesting comments from Vtec.

https://vtec.net/forums/one-message?message_id=1450777&page_number=1#1450777

I had the opportunity to sit inside a 2022 White Civic Sport Sedan, and I’m able to compare its interior (and maybe exterior) to my Civic Type R.

Design:
- I like the simple design of the new Civic. Its clean, it looks like a Honda and it reminds of a 1994 Honda Accord more than any other car. I give it a 9,5/10 inside out in terms of design.
- They used to charge more for painted mirrors, now the black mirrors are more expensive, or are special in some way? I don’t like the black mirrors, they stick out like an eyesore, and they’re big and bulky. I feel like by 2022, those mirrors should be minimalistic at this point, and body colored - but that’s just subjective.

Quality:
- The door shut “thump” isn’t as good as the 10th Gen, I can definitely feel a step back here.
- The top of the interior door is hard plastic and not soft touch like the 10th gen, I don’t like that.
- The seats are still dish-washer seats, I don’t like that.
- The design is beautiful inside, no complaints on how that looks.
- The buttons quality is an improvement everywhere in the car. Very satisfying and high quality.
- The top of the dash is high quality, soft touch. The top of the door trimming inside the car should’ve been like that.
- Roof trimming quality is perfect, I love that its still black.
- Seats are comfortable.
- Pedals are aluminum, they look nice.
- Trunk has a liner inside, a first for Civic? Not sure about the 10th gen sedan, I have a hatch and that doesn’t apply.
- Steering wheel is nice, thick and the airbag is small, looks better than the 10th gen. The leather is neither an improvement nor a step back from the 10th gen.
- Rear seat headroom and legroom seem great, seats are comfortable back there.
- Storage and utility is horrible. They got rid of all the nice compartments that the 10th gen has under the dash. The center console isn’t as deep or nice, nor are the cupholders. All the little sliding compartments and such in the center console are gone, except one that doesn’t slide but rather “mounts” in two different location. Not sure what that was all about, but that’s a huge step back that makes no sense to me. Its “boring” in terms of utility in the front.
- Trunk has a weird issue with the carpet were it bulges on both ends, I suspect this will be an issue for most of the 2022 civics until they improve them for 2023.
- I like the infotainment system location on the 10th gen better than the 11th gen, but there’s no question that the 11th gen system itself will be an improvement.

Overall, it is a great looking car and its shortcomings are minor, except for the compartments - that’s a major shortcoming.
Sponsored