• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Missing screw on the engine?

qingcong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 FL5, 2013 Si, 1991 NSX
My car has 600 miles on it and ever since I've owned it, I've smelled a bit of a burning smell after driving. I thought it would go away after whatever the smell was burned off, but it's still here. Today I finally opened up the hood after reading about people having head gasket leaks and wondered if that was the issue. I didn't see any standing oil anywhere, but I did see this part where it appears there's a screw missing. Is there supposed to be a screw here? If so, what should I do and will this have caused any damage?

11th Gen Honda Civic Missing screw on the engine? noscrew

11th Gen Honda Civic Missing screw on the engine? noscrew2
Sponsored

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 21 Porsche Cayman GT4, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
No screw goes there on our car model.
The engine and exhaust will smell a bit as the car gets broken in and heat cycles. If it drives fine, fluids are full and no visible leaks I wouldn’t worry about it.

OP
OP
qingcong

qingcong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 FL5, 2013 Si, 1991 NSX
No screw goes there on our car model.
The engine and exhaust will smell a bit as the car gets broken in and heat cycles. If it drives fine, fluids are full and no visible leaks I wouldn’t worry about it.
Good to know. I'm just curious, how do you know no screw goes there? This seems like a bit of obscure knowledge.

DRGN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 FL5 CTR
Semi related to OP but I was also noticing a slight burning smell after driving and thought it was from user error, but thanks for letting us know that it's part of normal break in

inb4 skill issue
Sponsored

Last edited: