• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

MSRP Only Dealerships For 2023 Civic Type R

Blackhalo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra GSR
Anybody find anything out West anywhere? Looks like this is going to be tough to get on a list at MSRP.

On a couple lists for the GR Corolla, but think the Type R is going to be a bit harder to get at MSRP. At least at launch.

dpc88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Just got in line at Crown Honda, third and final deposit from what Pete told me.

@allbent @SwiftTone What are you color preferences? I asked for Sonic Grey.

SwiftTone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
Just got in line at Crown Honda, third and final deposit from what Pete told me.

@allbent @SwiftTone What are you color preferences? I asked for Sonic Grey.
I chose White
He wanted blue I believe.

Do you know how many Type R's they got of the gen 10 per year? Any word on how many they'll get, and when?

Blackhalo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra GSR
You guys are picking colors and I'm just hoping to get whatever a dealer gets allocated.

Going to be a interesting launch for sure.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
I chose White
He wanted blue I believe.

Do you know how many Type R's they got of the gen 10 per year? Any word on how many they'll get, and when?
So how does that work? I thought the allocation process was that Honda just builds and sends random CTRs to dealerships. You don't place a custom order. Placing a deposit only reserves your spot in line so you get first dibs on whatever comes; its a first come first serve type of thing.

blazspur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
I called a couple dealerships in South California and they are saying for the previous CTRs they sold the vehicles at accessories of 4-6k usd with one particular dealership claiming to add a market adjustment of 7.5k usd. Was told some other dealerships are planning to charge 10k over MSRP.

Is there even hope of getting this vehicle just about or less than 5k over MSRP for the upcoming generation?

SwiftTone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
So how does that work? I thought the allocation process was that Honda just builds and sends random CTRs to dealerships. You don't place a custom order. Placing a deposit only reserves your spot in line so you get first dibs on whatever comes; its a first come first serve type of thing.
I believe If the 1st allocated car is white and it comes in, since the 1st person in line wants blue and 2md person in line wants white, then it will go to the 2md person in line

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
I called a couple dealerships in South California and they are saying for the previous CTRs they sold the vehicles at accessories of 4-6k usd with one particular dealership claiming to add a market adjustment of 7.5k usd. Was told some other dealerships are planning to charge 10k over MSRP.

Is there even hope of getting this vehicle just about or less than 5k over MSRP for the upcoming generation?
For California its honestly gg. I was living in Southern California at the time when I was looking for a GT350, and this was in early 2020 long before the marks ups became the norm across the country and there were just absolutely insane mark ups on GT350s especially the Heritage Editions. I bought out of state and basically had my brother buy my car for me and put everything in his name.

I do believe once production starts to pick up there will be some listings under 5k ADM but for Socal? Yeah not happening, there's just too much money floating around here unfortunately. Like you, a 5k ADM is my budget so I will be on the hunt for one as well. Imo you should be expecting to travel to get one. I know I am.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Dammit - me too. 😀. Hopefully they get two or they can color order. Otherwise its whatever else for me!

I believe If the 1st allocated car is white and it comes in, since the 1st person in line wants blue and 2md person in line wants white, then it will go to the 2md person in line
I dont even think the dealers know for sure what colors will be offered. There is a honda clip of an emerald green metallic and wonder if that along with others might be unique to the r.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a38758146/2022-honda-civic-type-r-video/

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
Dammit - me too. 😀. Hopefully they get two or they can color order. Otherwise its whatever else for me!

I dont even think the dealers know for sure what colors will be offered. There is a honda clip of an emerald green metallic and wonder if that along with others might be unique to the r.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a38758146/2022-honda-civic-type-r-video/
As much as I would unironically love a green option, I'm 99% sure that that's just a trick from the lighting.

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
As much as I would unironically love a green option, I'm 99% sure that that's just a trick from the lighting.
I would second a metallic green would be awesome but I also saw that as just the way the lighting hit the camera.

SwiftTone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si