• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

MSRP Only Dealerships For 2023 Civic Type R

Bpebler

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ram, 20 Durango, 00 Cherokee, 99 Trans Am
11th Gen Honda Civic MSRP Only Dealerships For 2023 Civic Type R D4C170D4-1533-4CCB-AE43-7125573D6EDA

Pretty dumb. I just emailed him back to confirm this wasn’t a typo. Scarce production until Q3 of 2024?? I already drive my truck 60k+ plus per year so traveling to pick up the new model is no big deal for me if they can’t compete with the dealers who will not sell over msrp. I’ll put a deposit down today somewhere else if that’s the case. Is there a thread started yet of dealerships willing to play ball with us by not marking up & being upfront with good warranties/pricing/etc?
Sponsored

Bpebler

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here’s the reply to asking about a possible typo:
11th Gen Honda Civic MSRP Only Dealerships For 2023 Civic Type R 13797D3A-9D58-43BC-BAC1-06B3DEB57BAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
Those dealerships are out of their mind. Trying desperately to sound all authoritarian and persuasive at the same time. Fuck’em. If suckers are willing to pay huge markups, let them. The world is going to shit for exactly this reason. There’s no shortage of dumb money around. Patient hands are always rewarded in the long run. If that means you don’t get dibs on the CTR, then so be it. Life is too short to let these mf thieves take advantage of us.

Bpebler

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree. As much as I’d prefer to have the new one, I just told them I’ll buy used & travel elsewhere if need be. I travel the whole Midwest for work, so no big deal for me. They can pay their lot fees if they want to.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
They have to pay insurance on every car they have on the lot as well. Let them eat that for years if they want to. It has to end at some point that people stop giving in to dealers just because they are too lazy to look around.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Remember the good ol days (*cough cough* pre-Covid) when paying MSRP for anything was laughed at?

TimeRacer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Prelude
Ultimately for the last go round what was the situation for CA folks? Have to go out of state for MSRP? Been trying all the Bay Area ones and getting $5-20k markup numbers estimated. The ones that are willing to take a refundable deposit are $5k markups though.

OP
OP
lksfstcars

lksfstcars

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, Acura RDX
Which dealer? Do they work with out of staters?
Baxter Toyota in LaVista, NE. I can't speak to their policies, but I would imagine they would be happy to take your money. They asked for a $500 fully refundable deposit to get on their list.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Burkle Honda in whitebear lake MN will sell at MSRP. I put a deposit down, first in line for the new one there. They have some accessories they will add but it's the best deal I will find in this market.
Ready for any more info on the car!
i just talked with them a couple weeks ago and theysaid they wont take money yet…

edit: just put down $500 and am #2 in line :) . They are now msrp +$3k + $ for accessories including ppf. I jumped on it after calling 10 dealerships. There will be zero volume left shortly- and they are 9 months or so from production….

Last edited:

tqsteer

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R (on order), 2001 Mazda Miata.
i just talked with them a couple weeks ago and theysaid they wont take money yet…

edit: just put down $500 and am #2 in line :) . They are now msrp +$3k + $ for accessories including ppf. I jumped on it after calling 10 dealerships. There will be zero volume left shortly- and they are 9 months or so from production….
That's awesome. It's the best deal that will come up. Totally worth it

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
3rd in line at my dealer right now. Ironically I was 3rd when I got my FK8 becuase the first 2 went back and forth and wouldn't commit when the car came in so here's hoping that happens again lol. 😝
Sponsored