• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
Love this video...it shows how much the FK2 and FK8 are different design change from the more suble styling of Type R. In my personal opinion, the FL5 is a return to roots.

Cheers!
Sponsored

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
least it won't look bad as fading flat black plastic.
Have people actually had exterior gloss black parts fade? Do yall not coat, wax, seal and maintain your exterior? WTF lol. Never had anything fade on any of my cars before.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Have people actually had exterior gloss black parts fade? Do yall not coat, wax, seal and maintain your exterior? WTF lol. Never had anything fade on any of my cars before.
I think the statement is referring to the fact that swirl-marked gloss black is better than faded flat black

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Golf R's came with gloss black aero bits and I really haven't seen badly aged ones. They all still look pretty good. I assume if you take care of your car and wash it regularly, it won't be a problem.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Golf R's came with gloss black aero bits and I really haven't seen badly aged ones. They all still look pretty good. I assume if you take care of your car and wash it regularly, it won't be a problem.
Watching all these detailing videos and the associated horrors of gloss black swirls may have me a bit overworried 😅

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
If anyone here gets a FL5 allocation, I really hope people at min wax and seal quarterly or ceramic / ppf. Protect your assets and investments people!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
I don't understand the hatred towards gloss black. Even the new BMW M3 is gloss black all over the place (side skirts, mirrors, spoiler, diffuser, lip are all gloss black), unless you opt for the carbon pack at $4k and even then some pieces remain gloss black. As was my '21 M2C (gloss black pieces all over the place).

Gloss black actually flows good with the rest of the pieces on the car. I highly doubt that it will fade or show wear because it certainly doesn't on the M3's and M2's.

Last edited:

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
I don't understand the hatred towards gloss black. Even the new BMW M3 is gloss black all over the place (side skirts, mirrors, spoiler, diffuser, lip are all gloss black), unless you opt for the carbon pack at $4k and even then some pieces remain gloss black. As was my '21 M2C (gloss black pieces all over the place).

Gloss black actually flows good with the rest of the pieces on the car. I highly doubt that it will fade or show wear because it certainly doesn't on the M3's and M2's.
Well, it's like what happens to gloss black interior trim and exterior paint. Maybe the material is more robust, but the concern is that it'll look swirled and gross, especially in high-wear areas like a lip or diffuser
Sponsored