• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Negative attention

rob495

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 Ariel Atom
So I’m driving from CT to NY, in the center lane, and some idiot in a blacked out Honda Accord comes up on my rear at about 90 mph. I'm going about 65. I have my wife and kids in the Type R. I merge to the right in order to let him pass. The scumbag stays on my tail, merges to the right, and proceeds to ride my bumper for the next 1/4 mile. He finally looses interest, merges to the center lane, then floors it. I wanted to follow him and choke him into the afterlife. The story doesn't end there, 3 other cars during my trip (an older GT500, a EG Hatch, and an impala) were cutting other drivers off just to get next to me, trying to goad me into a race. I'm thinking of making a bumper sticker with small font "If you can read this, you are about to catch a hot one between the eyes". :flame: I get way more attention in this car than my former M2 Comp, M3, and FK8. It's nuts. Feel free to share negative experiences.
Sponsored

Last edited:

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
So I’m driving from CT to NY, in the center lane, and some idiot in a blacked out Honda Accord comes up on my rear at about 90 mph. I'm going about 65. I have my wife and kids in the Type R. I merge to the right in order to let him pass. The scumbag stays on my tail, merges to the right, and proceeds to ride my bumper for the next 1/4 mile. He finally looses interest, merges to the center lane, then floors it. I wanted to follow him and choke him into the afterlife. The story doesn't end there, 3 other cars during my trip (an older GT500, a EG Hatch, and an impala) were cutting other drivers off just to get next to me, trying to goad me into a race. I'm thinking of making a bumper sticker with small font "If you can read this, you are about to catch a hot one between the eyes". :flame: I get way more attention in this car than my former M2 Comp, M3, and FK8. It's nuts. Feel free to share negative experiences.
Yep. Its common for me as well. I think its a combination of jealousy and douche bagness and a reaction to the wing.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
100% jealousy and d-bagness for sure.

Though I’ve definitely not experienced the same level of super aggressive d-baggery others have encountered, the takeaway is that there’s ALWAYS some jackasses lurking where/when you least expect them. Whatevs. F ‘em. Be safe. Don’t engage. Don’t drink their Haterade!

Last edited:

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
First of all, bad drivers and assholes are everywhere. Second, there has to be at least some level of inherent understanding that driving a Type R makes you a magnet for this sort of behavior.

I'm pretty sure the bumper sticker will only make things worse.

Bpebler

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ram, 20 Durango, 00 Cherokee, 99 Trans Am
I have an ITS coming, but plan on making a led paddle sign that says, Kids On Board, sorry - or something of the like....with also a lit up silhouette of what I carry.

Shichi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra
Even driving around in my A-spec Integra lands way more attention than I thought it would. So many riced out cars trying to race or tailgate. Had people take pics of the car randomly too

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Nothing negative for me so far. I've been met with a bunch of thumbs ups. I'm sure the negative stuff is coming. It's weird though, I never got any attention in my FK8, and the damn thing was nearly 400 horsepower.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I'm the one giving the toxic attention....

I pull up on another with an FK8 or really anything and they look over at me smile or gives the thumbs up. I let my tinted window down far enough to expose the middle finger and vapor from my vape.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I'm the one giving the toxic attention....

I pull up on another with an FK8 or really anything and they look over at me smile or gives the thumbs up. I let my tinted window down far enough to expose the middle finger and vapor from my vape.
lol…

11th Gen Honda Civic Negative attention 1690743878824

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Even driving around in my A-spec Integra lands way more attention than I thought it would. So many riced out cars trying to race or tailgate. Had people take pics of the car randomly too
I think its a 10-1 ratio for me good to bad but the bad ones are real asshats. Usually bws and audis.

Deleted member 42932

Unfortunately, there are a lot of these type "people" on the road. This is a downside of having a sporty car. Are your windows tinted?

I drive a 2019 civic sport coupe CVT. I know. I know. It's basic/cheap transportation for me and I like the styling. In my 4 years of ownership, I haven't had any issues with idiots trying to race me.

I empathize with your experience and I respect your constraint especially with your family in the car.

Turbonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' EG B18C
Don't drive a sporty niche car if you don't want attention 👻. Anyways most people that want to fly low will debadge and take off the huge wings and get limo tint the front windows. But most also won't debadge and go wingless bc they want the attention and thumbs up from hs kids.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Don't drive a sporty niche car if you don't want attention 👻. Anyways most people that want to fly low will debadge and take off the huge wings and get limo tint the front windows. But most also won't debadge and go wingless bc they want the attention and thumbs up from hs kids.
Or they just don’t want to or feel they should have to monkey with their car and want to enjoy in peace.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
It's unfortunate but this is par for the course with these types of cars. That doesn't excuse it in any way but it will continue to happen so you have to manage it. As difficult as it may be in the moment, you're better off when you ignore it. Once they see you're not interested in engaging they typically go away in short order.

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Ignorance knows no limit. It’s unfortunate that immaturity and hypocrisy garner more attention than wisdom and intelligence, but given they’re driving a “deadly weapon,” it’s best to ignore road punks because your life and those of your passengers aren’t worth playing their childish games.
Sponsored