• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Negative attention

Deleted member 42932

In my opinion, "motorsport type" competitions should be reserved for drag strip or race track. Engaging in such activities puts the lives of the public and yourself in serious harm.

Decades ago, a childhood friend of mine was hospitalized after a street race. He didn't learn his lesson from that accident, and a short time later he was killed in another street race. He lost control of his car and smashed into the center divide hitting a palm tree. The car split into pieces and so did his body. He left behind a wife and 1 year old boy :confused:. If that palm tree was not there, he would have crossed into oncoming traffic and potentially killed someone else.
Sponsored

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Haven't had much of that in the FK8 - but then it is no longer the new kid on the block the way the FL5 is. Generally just positive feedback.

All you an do is ignore idiots like the one you described. No need to engage or antagonize, it only creates more jeopardy. My ex- reacted once to someone in a pickup truck - with a gun rack - by waving - not even giving him the finger - and from the body language and what I could see through his windshield he looked ready to kill. Lots of nutcases out there. Don't feed the fire.

grayvee280

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Can confirm. I've had my FL5 since April in Austin TX, and I get "challenged" weekly.

Driving on the freeway today I had new red Supra all decked out with kit and huge fart can exhausts. He drove next to me popping his exhaust and trying to get me to gun it for a mile or so. Not worth it in a heavy traffic.
There have been a few aggressive folks, most in clapped out Nissans for some reason, but every other Type R I've seen has always been a smile, nod, and wave.

...You meet the nicest people in a Honda!

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Can confirm. I've had my FL5 since April in Austin TX, and I get "challenged" weekly.

Driving on the freeway today I had new red Supra all decked out with kit and huge fart can exhausts. He drove next to me popping his exhaust and trying to get me to gun it for a mile or so. Not worth it in a heavy traffic.
There have been a few aggressive folks, most in clapped out Nissans for some reason, but every other Type R I've seen has always been a smile, nod, and wave.

...You meet the nicest people in a Honda!
This is true! All type r owners have been positive except one that drove by and pretended I wasn’t there when I gave hime a thumbs up on his fk8. I just laughed.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
This is true! All type r owners have been positive except one that drove by and pretended I wasn’t there when I gave hime a thumbs up on his fk8. I just laughed.
Agree. I haven't seen many while driving the FL5, but other Type R owners have been good. Came out to this one day. I always park in a remote section of the garage so this was intentional. This normally bothers me but after a wild day in the office I appreciated it.
11th Gen Honda Civic Negative attention 20230413_115109

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Agree. I haven't seen many but other Type R owners have been good. Came out to this one day. I always park in a remote section of the garage so this was intentional. This normally bothers me but after a wild day in the office I appreciated it.
20230413_115109.jpg
Its a brother / sisterhood. Id feel fuzzies from that. Thats dope.

SPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic EX
It's been all positive outside from one Scatpack Challenger in my city that likes to take off at the light whenever he sees me 😂

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
@SPH That’s how it be in my area too. Always Chargers and Challengers wanna tree everyone indiscriminately (not just FK8 & FL5 owners) at all stop lights. Even granny is getting gapped on her way to the grocery.🤣

D0n.Quix0te

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #5859
I'm really sorry to hear you had such a negative experience especially when your family was aboard. I can empathize as I have a 2 year old that actually expresses her disliking for going fast or loud cars. I do experience a few challenges, but I mainly get positive feedback on the road (thumbs up, etc.) and hear chatter about it as I head into stores and such. You'd think especially with no tints they'd get the message, but there will be those hot heads.