• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 NSX, 2024 Civic Type R
people get so hungup on fastest track time ever. Track times are basically marketing. It requires not only prepped car but perfect weather and conditions. Not to mention a driver with significant experience. Bragging about track times is like buying a pair of Jordans and thinking it will make you play like the GOAT. Remember when Sabine was passing people in much faster sports cars in a diesel cargo van at the Ring?
If they (Honda) aren't aiming for fast track times, would the Type R have turned out to be as good as it is on the track? Or would it end up like a Miata or BRZ? (Slow but very good sports cars.) Would we be as happy with saying, "yeah, our beloved car is slow but that's ok. It's so fun to drive" versus "yeah, our car is really fast on the track and it's also fun to drive!"

Lap times are a good, hard to dispute number that is a composite of many areas of performance than a more narrow benchmark like 0-60 (acceleration only), top speed (power vs. drag), or lateral acceleration (corner speed without regard to driver feel and dynamics).
Sponsored

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I donno. Id rather have a car that puts a smile on my face vs a car designed for straight laptimes. I had a e92 m3 and it was impressive but sterile. Car I traded in was a mazdaspeed6 and I found to be way more engaging. Also Ive driven and owned many so called fast cars but they cant hold a candle to my old mazdaspeed miata which was just a blast to drive.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Ladies and Gents i do believe after watching this hype video 10 times loudly on my home theatre that this Type R is going to be monumental. Notice the PR states “most powerful”….

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I donno. Id rather have a car that puts a smile on my face vs a car designed for straight laptimes. I had a e92 m3 and it was impressive but sterile. Car I traded in was a mazdaspeed6 and I found to be way more engaging. Also Ive driven and owned many so called fast cars but they cant hold a candle to my old mazdaspeed miata which was just a blast to drive.
Well, the good news is, they still make the Miata!
But in all seriousness, I feel like the Type R can do both, so I don’t see anything wrong with it being a fun an engaging car, and also a lap time setter… but in general, I would say, almost all cars seem to be less engaging and more sterile, as they get filled with more and more tech and get larger and larger.

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
Exactly what I've been fighting. I've been looking for a replacement car for a long time. Has to be easy on maintenance, handles like a proper driver's car, but also versatile and somewhat comfortable enough for kids on some of our rough streets.

There are definitely plenty of fast cars that are versatile that would blow this car away in a straight. However, like mentioned, they have too much added and too numb in favor of comfort and easier handling. They're not not engaging enough for some drivers. And I say some, so as to not generalize.

I did have a dream literally last night that I was super happy to have bought one of the newer GTRs but then I woke up and realized it was a pipedream. 😂

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Well, the good news is, they still make the Miata!
But in all seriousness, I feel like the Type R can do both, so I don’t see anything wrong with it being a fun an engaging car, and also a lap time setter… but in general, I would say, almost all cars seem to be less engaging and more sterile, as they get filled with more and more tech and get larger and larger.
I hope so. I always wanted a Type R. It was my poster car in highschool. Fk10 just didn't do it looks and build quality wise for me. FK11 looks to be a vast improvement in both. I just need a useable hatch and a manual. I just want something fun to drive, a car I would want to take the long way home just because. My current car is objectively a great car... quick, comfortable and tons of cargo space. Just doesn't stir my soul at all.

Hytrax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M140i
I am still hyped,
I am still full of expectations,
I am still so excited,
I am still waiting for more details,

At the end, I am still frustated because we know NOTHING about this car, only that it has three exhausts…

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 NSX, 2024 Civic Type R
It shouldn't be one or the other. Otherwise the 911 GT3RS would be a terrible car. IMO it's hard for us to know for sure your E92 is actually sterile because it's fast. It's just as likely that was just the way the product managers wanted it.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
It shouldn't be one or the other. Otherwise the 911 GT3RS would be a terrible car. IMO it's hard for us to know for sure your E92 is actually sterile because it's fast. It's just as likely that was just the way the product managers wanted it.
For what it's worth, I had the opposite experience with an E92 M3. I found it to be a particularly visceral experience, based on the combo of the incredible exhaust note and some of the best steering feel I've ever experienced on a car.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
For what it's worth, I had the opposite experience with an E92 M3. I found it to be a particularly visceral experience, based on the combo of the incredible exhaust note and some of the best steering feel I've ever experienced on a car.
That’s particularly surprising considering bmw has no steering feel since about 2011.

NorthernLaw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type-R Boost Blue
Finally an announcement date, they need to step up their game here. I hear "soon" way too much from companies these days

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Hey Honda it’s summer now, give us the details and send me my car!