• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New Owner Observation / Stories

Preyforsurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR
No shit! Lol. In my defense today was leg day and I butchered myself. That combined with the drive forced nap time.
I hurt my lower back/SI on dead lifts about 2 weeks ago, and yesterday I had a bit of an extended drive after feeling fine and I found the seats held me in so tight that all my muscles in my low back and upper legs just locked up and I had to get out the car and do essentially warm up exercises.

Thread Topic:
Had the car since Dec 15, but winter kept me from really putting any miles on it. I find myself loving it more all the time.
My settings are sports everything with r+ engine mapping. When I take it for the recall, I'm going to have them bleed the brake down, it's too high for me to heel toe... and the Rev match is oddly a bit slower than I Rev match oddly enough.
It's also a lot faster than I thought it would be, granted the car is 3100lbs or so which is modern relative light lol.

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Some quick shots and not the best quality, but I think it will give you a good idea. The best part (for me) is that it's much easier to slide into the seats (i.e., less friction). It will also hopefully preserve the covers. Hope these help!

IMG_8382.jpg

IMG_8381.jpg
Received (after l-o-n-g wait) the Dream Automotive FL5 rear seat cover. Same excellent quality as the front covers. Seat backs fit perfectly, but the sear bottom is tricky - could have used a tip sheet, etc. as the best fitting I could manage was to partially remove the cushion and slide the edges underneath. The wrinkles will smooth out after a week or so, and while these certainly arenā€™t elegant-looking custom covers, they do what I hoped for in well protecting the seats from dogs, grandchildren, beach sand, and grime. And theyā€™re easy to remove and clean.

11th Gen Honda Civic New Owner Observation / Stories IMG_8547

11th Gen Honda Civic New Owner Observation / Stories IMG_8548

11th Gen Honda Civic New Owner Observation / Stories IMG_8549

Kfo_cpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RDX
Received (after l-o-n-g wait) the Dream Automotive FL5 rear seat cover. Same excellent quality as the front covers. Seat backs fit perfectly, but the sear bottom is tricky - could have used a tip sheet, etc. as the best fitting I could manage was to partially remove the cushion and slide the edges underneath. The wrinkles will smooth out after a week or so, and while these certainly arenā€™t elegant-looking custom covers, they do what I hoped for in well protecting the seats from dogs, grandchildren, beach sand, and grime. And theyā€™re easy to remove and clean.

IMG_8547.jpeg

IMG_8548.jpeg

IMG_8549.jpeg
Good idea with the spare tire. How did you buy that and what was the cost for the rim? I havenā€™t seen any online yet.

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Good idea with the spare tire. How did you buy that and what was the cost for the rim? I havenā€™t seen any online yet.
OEM rims are reportedly available on ebay. Some have minor blemishes for reasonable costs. College Hill Honda has new ones for sale. Last time I checked they were around $697! You can also get them at a local Honda dealership, which I did and had the next day, but the center cap took over a week. The best price Iā€™ve seen recently was from Justin Edward Adams (in MA) on the FB site ā€œOfficial 2023+ Civic Type R FL5 Group.ā€ I think he represents several companies and has an outstanding reputation from what Iā€™ve read. Log in a send him a PM. I had to check tire sites carefully as not all of the Michelin tires are the OEM ā€œHONā€ type, which has a slightly different sidewall design and tread pattern. It was $350. Hope this helps!

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Yeah donā€™t bleed the brakes down. Youā€™re just leaving more air space in the linesā€¦which will absorb more moisture from the air and eventually cause rust.

Last edited:

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
OEM rims are reportedly available on ebay. Some have minor blemishes for reasonable costs. College Hill Honda has new ones for sale. Last time I checked they were around $697!
Is the Option Forged rim that is 697? Or it's the OEM 19s that's 697?

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I think itā€™s the stock 19ā€™s. Itā€™s funny how stock wheels are often quite expensive.

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
So far the dealers I asked want somewhere around 750 for the stock cast wheel, which is surprising.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
If anyone here has experience in both the FK8 and FL5, I would love to hear your thoughts on the FL5 seats- which do you prefer and is there a lot of difference? The FK8 seats are a tough act to follow.

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
If anyone here has experience in both the FK8 and FL5, I would love to hear your thoughts on the FL5 seats- which do you prefer and is there a lot of difference? The FK8 seats are a tough act to follow.
I haven't found a single review that didn't state that the new seats were better than the already good FK8 ones when comparing both of them. Subjectively on looks only, I like the FK8 ones for the red/black contrast and the more legible "Type R" logo. But the new ones should be better in every objective way.

CTR39322

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
I own a FK8 and sat on the FL5 seats, I honestly couldnā€™t tell a difference.

daazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Miata
FL5 > FK8 seats

Hugs better and look better (imo). I like the all red look.
Sponsored