• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OEM+ Illuminated Door Sills - FL5 and Si

OP
OP

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
The FK8 front sills are 22 inches long as well, and a hair over 2 inches wide. However, note there is that raised ridge on the sheetmetal that the accessory sill contours over. Do your sills have the same contour (e.g. does the FL5 sheetmetal also have this ridge)?

1707946768019.png

The FK8 rear sheetmetal also has a raised ridge. Also, you mentioned your rear sill was 12 inches long. There is about 10 inches of completely flat sheetmetal, but a 12-inch sill might need to be ever so slightly curved up on either end (~1 inch on each end). If the sill material is flexible and the adhesive is strong enough, it may work, I don't know.

1707946703376.png
Ahā€”good to know. I wasnā€™t aware of that contour and my sills are flat on the back (as is the FL5 sill area).

I believe a 3D printed shim could solve that problem, but Iā€™m just hocking sillsā€”shims are a different department.
Sponsored

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Ahā€”good to know. I wasnā€™t aware of that contour and my sills are flat on the back (as is the FL5 sill area).

I believe a 3D printed shim could solve that problem, but Iā€™m just hocking sillsā€”shims are a different department.
Darn, knew this was too good to be true. šŸ˜‚ Your sills looked nice. Let us know if you ever decide to do the full package for the FK8 peasants. :cool:

Brittania

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Camry, 2024 FL5
So I debated doing another run of them in camo, but I had more people reaching out with interest basically saying they were interested in a set of 4 door sills but the camo was a little too fanboy (my interpretation, not their exact words), so it seemed more likely that a group buy would be possible with the logo on black.

I also found the camo doesn't fully block the LED behind it, so it has a bit of glow to it--it's not as bright as the logo, of course, but I only want the logo to pop (similar to the Type S illuminated sills).

These are plastic from bottom to top, and are waterproofed to IP44. The top surface is smooth, flat gloss plastic, like I remember my Type S sills being. You could ceramic coat them, but I suppose you'll have to determine what type of protection is appropriate for your given use. I don't think any of these are designed or manufactured to be used as a step, but I'm unsure what else they might need to be protected from.
I'd be happy with either one. Please keep me updated and let me know how to pay when the time comes.

OP
OP

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Iā€™m going to mock up a set for the Civic Si as wellā€”Iā€™ll get something up tomorrow to look at and Iā€™ll update the title of the thread too.

OP
OP

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Here's a concept of the Si illuminated door sills I had in mind--the version with green shows where the light would come through:

11th Gen Honda Civic OEM+ Illuminated Door Sills - FL5 and Si Si Door Sills (NO CAMO)

11th Gen Honda Civic OEM+ Illuminated Door Sills - FL5 and Si Si Door Sills (NO CAMO Illumination)

Still looking at a minimum order of 10 sets to get pricing at $300/set.

islandboii.jev

First Name
Jevon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R, 2005 Acura TSX
I'm interested in a black set.
Seems easier to get numbers up on black than the R-camo
Sponsored