• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Plug and Play Front Door Speaker Install

TR3BLE

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R (FL5)
Since we don’t have Bose here, I’ve just decided to change the front mids.

I’ve made some home made harnesses that make the install a lot easier and essentially plug and play.

Some sound deadening here and there and its a lot better than the flimsy stock speakers.

Sponsored

Hkc

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fl5
Besides the improved sound, how much of a difference did the sound deadening on its own reduce overall nvh? I’ve been considering doing the same and am curious how much quieter the car would be for long road trips.

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R #21399 (sold). 2023 Type-R #912
Besides the improved sound, how much of a difference did the sound deadening on its own reduce overall nvh? I’ve been considering doing the same and am curious how much quieter the car would be for long road trips.
I did sound deadening in all four doors and the floor of the hatch of my FK8 and it made a big difference. I've been debating if I feel like going through all that again for the FL5 though lol

OP
OP

TR3BLE

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R (FL5)
I did sound deadening in all four doors and the floor of the hatch of my FK8 and it made a big difference. I've been debating if I feel like going through all that again for the FL5 though lol
I like it, the 11th gen seems like a rattle magnet for some reason.

Every little bit helps 👌
Sponsored