• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Can you share the part numbers you ordered? I find I'm getting more and more pissed off every time I have to reach in my glovebox to open the garage and this mirror looks fantastic.

And presto. What an easy thing to do. The video above is clutch. Thank you all.

IMG_7184.jpeg

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621 - sold | 2023 CTR #16980
Reading all these mirror upgrade posts…. I was thinking I needed an autodimming mirror, no need for the homelink in my case so Ive been searching for a type-s takeoff. I was all set to buy one only to realize the fl5 has a manual dimming mirror. 🤔🤦‍♂️ That works good enough for me. 😂

Nothing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW FL5 #5044
Reading all these mirror upgrade posts…. I was thinking I needed an autodimming mirror, no need for the homelink in my case so Ive been searching for a type-s takeoff. I was all set to buy one only to realize the fl5 has a manual dimming mirror. 🤔🤦‍♂️ That works good enough for me. 😂
I'd be ok to row my own mirror 🤣
I did need the homelink though.

Nothing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW FL5 #5044
Can you share the part numbers you ordered? I find I'm getting more and more pissed off every time I have to reach in my glovebox to open the garage and this mirror looks fantastic.
PNs are in the OP. If you order from college hills Honda, you order the mirror and the harness is a check box with no listed number - until you get the confirmation email.

Here is what will be needed.
Plug and play harness 08V03-30A-100
Homelink Mirror 08V03-3A0-100

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
PNs are in the OP. If you order from college hills Honda, you order the mirror and the harness is a check box with no listed number - until you get the confirmation email.
Thanks for confirming. Items on the way!

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
Did the same mod today! Took me about an hour. Absolutely love it. Might be a dumb mod to some lol but not only does frameless look better, no more keeping a garage door opener in car. Plus it’s auto dimming. It’s great that it’s also plug and play. No wire splicing.

11th Gen Honda Civic Plug and Play Homelink Mirror for FL5 -- 1 Hr Install IMG_1820

11th Gen Honda Civic Plug and Play Homelink Mirror for FL5 -- 1 Hr Install IMG_1819

11th Gen Honda Civic Plug and Play Homelink Mirror for FL5 -- 1 Hr Install IMG_1818

11th Gen Honda Civic Plug and Play Homelink Mirror for FL5 -- 1 Hr Install IMG_1812

11th Gen Honda Civic Plug and Play Homelink Mirror for FL5 -- 1 Hr Install IMG_1814

11th Gen Honda Civic Plug and Play Homelink Mirror for FL5 -- 1 Hr Install IMG_1808

11th Gen Honda Civic Plug and Play Homelink Mirror for FL5 -- 1 Hr Install IMG_1810

spiff72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Blendmount is a very tight fit.

I had to use https://blendmount.com/aluminum-rad...den-r1-r3-r4-dfr8-dfr9-specialty-3017-series/

1692907380223.png

Notice the mount touching the plastic trim piece has a felt to prevent rattles.

1692907456335.png

This is how I got power that was switched.

1692907510293.png

1692907537106.png
Is there a way to use a "mirror-tap" cable for a radar detector WITHOUT installing the Homelink mirror? I just picked up my 23 CTR yesterday, and just left the adhesive mount for my RD and the mirror tap cable in my trade because I was struggling to get the trim off the mirror/camera assembly on my Golf R. I didn't want to break anything so I threw in the towel and just let the dealer deal with it. I was going to order another adhesive mount and cable, but now I am not sure that there is a connector to tap into (even in the map light area)?

BigBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Is there a way to use a "mirror-tap" cable for a radar detector WITHOUT installing the Homelink mirror? I just picked up my 23 CTR yesterday, and just left the adhesive mount for my RD and the mirror tap cable in my trade because I was struggling to get the trim off the mirror/camera assembly on my Golf R. I didn't want to break anything so I threw in the towel and just let the dealer deal with it. I was going to order another adhesive mount and cable, but now I am not sure that there is a connector to tap into (even in the map light area)?
Don't believe there is power there...they may be from the emergency services button, but not sure, but that may be on all the time, you'll need an ignition source. You could just buy the Honda harness for the mirror, or buy the radar hardwire kit, and make it easy

Sooner1

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR BB, 2015 Audi A3, 2023 CRV Touring Hybrid
Just use a long power lead and run it along the same path then use a fuse tap or jumper once your line is down to the fuse box below the dash. I have a Valentine and their hard wire kit has everything you would need including, I believe, the long power lead.

Yungjezyj

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R

kev50088

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic Type R
Just installed this, anyone feel like the home link mirror doesn’t clip on as strong as the original one? (Those 4 prongs holding the mirror onto the base)
Sponsored