• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tanabersx

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Supra MK5, 2021 Ram Rebel, Tesla X, BB FL5
So, based on what others are saying the Homelink buttons are powered all the time. Is your radar detector powered all the time and you have to turn it on and off each time you get in/out of your car?
Homelink buttons are powered all the time. Radar is not. There are two power sources at the mirror, one for homelink(always on) and one for the auto dim function(switched). You tap into the auto dim power. This is if you use the homelink mirror with the honda harness of course. If not, you can always add a fuse from any switched source down at the fuse box and route it to your radar.
Sponsored

STEye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW CTR FL5
Are there any indicator lights for when you press the homelink button? I see the buttons are backlit, but I don't see any lights flashing.

hammeredsole

First Name
Mister
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Odyssey Elite, F150 Tremor, CRV Hybrid Sport-L
Are there any indicator lights for when you press the homelink button? I see the buttons are backlit, but I don't see any lights flashing.
Yes, when you press any of the buttons a light flashes and a homelink house icon illuminates. It’s a nice mirror, and adds about 10-12oz to the car’s weight. My favorite feature is that it brightens up automatically when the car is in reverse.

STEye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW CTR FL5
Yes, when you press any of the buttons a light flashes and a homelink house icon illuminates. It’s a nice mirror, and adds about 10-12oz to the car’s weight. My favorite feature is that it brightens up automatically when the car is in reverse.
I messed up. The problem was that I didn't put the fuse in. RTFM fail.

Nothing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW FL5 #5044
Thanks for the pics and instructions! Install was relatively easy with trim tools. Looks a lot better than stock and love the dimming and homelink.

Anybody figure out how to wire the mirror so it doesn't have power when the car is off? Some other forums mention depending on pinout there is battery power and acc power, and just have to disconnect battery. I guess you can clip or de-pin battery wire or make an intermediate harness that caps it.

Yorkman1

First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type-R #170001
Picked up my mirror and cable today. It ok be working on it this coming week. I’ll try to add more details bro as it goes for everyone.
@JDM_DOHC_SiR not trying to hijack by any means. You are a lifesaver for this!

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I just managed to snag a '22 Homelink mirror from an MDX on eBay for $86, and the wiring harness for $52--looking forward to a nice little upgrade! Thank you all for your input on how this is done!