• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Heated seats - is that a given/where can you see this info?
To the right side of the passenger climate zone on the very end of the piano black wing.

I wouldn't take it as 100℅. If I go to the AR CTR website for Japan I don't see them in there either.

However if you see a photo of a hatch interior that had it. It is quite visible. So who knows.
Sponsored

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I'm sure the heated seats are prewired since its a civic. Just need to find the oem switches to add and wired up some heated elements out of a copart civic on to the stock seats.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
EUDM also gets the highly acclaimed start/stop button vs a blank spacer on the USDM. Honda really needs to fix that empty area.

11th Gen Honda Civic OFFICIAL: 2023 Civic Type R Reveal Photos, Wallpapers & Videos 8D0540BD-9EB5-46CB-8486-7B2C8F90B54C
11th Gen Honda Civic OFFICIAL: 2023 Civic Type R Reveal Photos, Wallpapers & Videos 83D06720-5F1F-4A93-A562-035B19341079
11th Gen Honda Civic OFFICIAL: 2023 Civic Type R Reveal Photos, Wallpapers & Videos 3C7EF7EF-3A6D-4617-9958-3A73AA2B4655

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
the buttons to turn it off...

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Correct, and I’d rather not have it at all, than have to turn it off.
Fair enough! I've never found it to be an issue I must say (and from an emissions point of view I like it) but I appreciate I'm in the minority there.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I'm sure the heated seats are prewired since its a civic. Just need to find the oem switches to add and wired up some heated elements out of a copart civic on to the stock seats.
I hope you're right. I'll for sure find out.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Fair enough! I've never found it to be an issue I must say (and from an emissions point of view I like it) but I appreciate I'm in the minority there.
its super annoying on a manual car. Also resets to on everytime you start.

Last edited:

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had it on my manual Mégane RS Trophy and never had any issues. Although the battery was always so low that it rarely kicked in to be honest...

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0L Turbo, CVT, Elegance trim
Heated seats
Bose Amp (maybe you get it anyway without badging)
lol, the bucket seats are the same worldwide and those dont come heated, so also no heated option for EU/Japan

I dont even know why you'd think that, you can clearly see the heated seat buttons missing....

Heated seats - is that a given/where can you see this info?
he's just speculating, I think, because its bullshit, no heated seats

To the right side of the passenger climate zone on the very end of the piano black wing.

I wouldn't take it as 100℅. If I go to the AR CTR website for Japan I don't see them in there either.

However if you see a photo of a hatch interior that had it. It is quite visible. So who knows.
lol, only the right side, why only right side, only the passenger can heat its seat!??🤣

At least circle what you mean and upload the picture, because I dont have any idea what button you are seeing that you determine is for heated seats or seat! 🤷‍♂️

The heated seats buttons in the normal civic are on both ends on top of the row of climate control buttons, so there are two buttons, in the Type R those two spaces are left blank.

I hope you are not refering to the climate vents adjustment RING? to adjust the amount of air coming out of the vents?
And in the Type R its the trim isnt piano black but matt...even the pictures show the difference.

Again, Type R bucket seats dont and never came with heated seats!

I bet they are not, I bet wiring will be different to save weight of non essential electric parts.

Its a Type R and the seats are all the way different, nothing electric, all manual adjustment and buckets 🤷‍♂️
Whole other seats all together, so NO prewiring for heat too!!

And to end all discussion of the NONE existent heated bucket seats in the Type R, look very good, this is the EU/Japan Spec picture I shared, wich you already know has more features than the US:
11th Gen Honda Civic OFFICIAL: 2023 Civic Type R Reveal Photos, Wallpapers & Videos nieuw-

And look at the normal Civic (EU spec here again, so with parking sensors and electric folding mirrors again, in top trim), those are the two heated seat buttons for driver and passenger:
11th Gen Honda Civic OFFICIAL: 2023 Civic Type R Reveal Photos, Wallpapers & Videos interieur

11th Gen Honda Civic OFFICIAL: 2023 Civic Type R Reveal Photos, Wallpapers & Videos 276064315_539737590848304_1588026900349872192_n

None of those buttons in the Type R nor will they ever be in the Type R with those seats

Last edited:

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
lol, the bucket seats are the same worldwide and those dont come heated, so also no heated option for EU/Japan

I dont even know why you'd think that, you can clearly see the heated seat buttons missing....

lol, only the right side, why only right side, only the passenger can heat its seat!??🤣

At least circle what you mean and upload the picture, because I dont have any idea what button you are seeing that you determine is for heated seats or seat! 🤷‍♂️

The heated seats buttons in the normal civic are on both ends on top of the row of climate control buttons, so there are two buttons, in the Type R those two spaces are left blank.

I hope you are not refering to the climate vents adjustment RING? to adjust the amount of air coming out of the vents?
And in the Type R its the trim isnt piano black but matt...even the pictures show the difference.

I bet they are not, I bet wiring will be different to save weight of non essential electric parts.

Its a Type R and the seats are all the way different, nothing electric, all manual adjustment and buckets 🤷‍♂️

And to end all discussion of the NONE existent heated bucket seats in the Type R, look very good, this is the EU/Japan Spec picture I shared, wich you already know has more features than the US:
nieuw-jpg.jpg

And look at the normal Civic (EU spec here again, so with parking sensors and electric folding mirrors again, in top trim), those are the two heated seat buttons for driver and passenger:
interieur.jpg

276064315_539737590848304_1588026900349872192_n.jpg

None of those buttons in the Type R nor will they ever be in the Type R with those seats

Relax Betty.

nieuw-jpg.jpg

interieur.jpg

, post: 827131, member: 26265"]

nieuw-jpg.jpg

interieur.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Lol...

You really spent time with this.

Speculating is correct. Sorry I think what happened is that I've seen so many civics in different markets that I confused what I saw. (For example Canadian Si to the US model.)

So when I looked to confirm it I used the augmented reality Japanese app. I did not see it there either as I mention.

The reason I said the right side is because where the drivers side button would be you can not see it due to the steering wheel. However I do believe you can change the perspective to the passenger seat.

I love how much effort you put into all this.

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
EUDM also gets the highly acclaimed start/stop button vs a blank spacer on the USDM. Honda really needs to fix that empty area.

8D0540BD-9EB5-46CB-8486-7B2C8F90B54C.jpeg
83D06720-5F1F-4A93-A562-035B19341079.jpeg
3C7EF7EF-3A6D-4617-9958-3A73AA2B4655.jpeg
If it's anything like the FK8, then that blank won't actually be an empty button but an empty space with a carved outline. I found that out when I lifted the shifter panel and tried to "remove" that blank lol.
Sponsored