• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Cross traffic is apart of the blind spot monitoring. I can't imagine it will not be there.

spyderdrifter

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Kia Forte Koup
On a CTR, heated seats really aren't needed, same with the auto engine shutoff. My wife's '21 Sorento has the auto shutoff, and it's really annoying to have to hit the button to disable the system every time I start the damn thing. Paired up on a manual car makes no sense to me. Heated seats on this car seems like a pointless addition of weight. They're cloth, alcantara, or suede. If they were leather, then maybe yeah, but not as they are. Even in the winter, these seats shouldn't get cold.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
On a CTR, heated seats really aren't needed, same with the auto engine shutoff. My wife's '21 Sorento has the auto shutoff, and it's really annoying to have to hit the button to disable the system every time I start the damn thing. Paired up on a manual car makes no sense to me. Heated seats on this car seems like a pointless addition of weight. They're cloth, alcantara, or suede. If they were leather, then maybe yeah, but not as they are. Even in the winter, these seats shouldn't get cold.
Heated seats are not needed on anything.. I'm fairly certain of that. I just like them. I get that the benefit may seem larger in a leather vehicle but a Civic EX sedan has heated seats.

A pointless addition of weight? It will see more daily driver action than it will see on a race track. It'll be the primary mode of transportation for most buyers. Is it really that pointless? Sure be very mindful of curb weight in any vehicle but can we stop acting like this is an Ariel Atom or that you or I are Gordon Murray. Its a heated seat.

If you can buy a Cayman GT4 RS with heated seats then why not a Civic Type R? I haven't looked but I would be shocked if any of the competitors didn't come with them.

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0L Turbo, CVT, Elegance trim
95789A21-D585-4973-AEB5-61E84F183052.jpeg

[/QUOTE]
aha, that I missed 🤪 🤭

Nice feature to see em incorporate heated seats in the new buckets, its the Japan video, so assumably they will have it for the Japan market, curious to see if the EU one gets it as well, but as the picture of the EU spec shows, apparently not.

Curious to see how it will be equiped when it comes out in the various markets.

If you can buy a Cayman GT4 RS with heated seats then why not a Civic Type R? I haven't looked but I would be shocked if any of the competitors didn't come with them.
Agreed, I think the Golf R even comes with ventilated seats.
And panoramic sunroof option and that sort of stuff.
I assume the other german (awd, dual clutch) competitors offer the same

But for some reason Honda markets the Type R as a true track car that you can use as a daily, so heated seats (wrong this time it seems, for JP market though), ventilated seats, pano sunroof are all obsolete features to save weight 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

spyderdrifter

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Kia Forte Koup
Heated seats are not needed on anything.. I'm fairly certain of that.
That's essentially what I said.

We are all free to like what we like, and that's not a problem. If I could get a CTR with ventilated seats without them being heated, I'd do that, even though they'd likely be heavier than a heated seat. It's what I like. However, more top of the line vehicles come with such options as packages even if we only want one feature of that option package. Would be nice to be able to order one with only the options we each wanted. If Honda even made cooled seats available for the CTR (unlikely probably), it'd still have the heating elements which I would never use, making it extra weight. Yes it's still a Civic, and the weight of said heating elements is negligible, it's just the point of it. Yes if I get one, it will primarily be a daily car, however a cooled seat would be more useful on a racecar, as someone said they're marketing this car as. A little more weight, but a functional weight to keep the driver cooled.

Also never acted like this was a feather-weight car. Not at close to 4k lbs for sure.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
That's essentially what I said.

We are all free to like what we like, and that's not a problem. If I could get a CTR with ventilated seats without them being heated, I'd do that, even though they'd likely be heavier than a heated seat. It's what I like. However, more top of the line vehicles come with such options as packages even if we only want one feature of that option package. Would be nice to be able to order one with only the options we each wanted. If Honda even made cooled seats available for the CTR (unlikely probably), it'd still have the heating elements which I would never use, making it extra weight. Yes it's still a Civic, and the weight of said heating elements is negligible, it's just the point of it. Yes if I get one, it will primarily be a daily car, however a cooled seat would be more useful on a racecar, as someone said they're marketing this car as. A little more weight, but a functional weight to keep the driver cooled.

Also never acted like this was a feather-weight car. Not at close to 4k lbs for sure.
The mood of this response is different than your first.

Honda doesn't offer cooled seats that I'm aware of. Only ventilated.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
That panoramic is a shit ton of weight way to high on the car. That’s why the R is a true drivers car where the golf tries to be many things kind of good like audi straddles bmw and Mercedes but doesnt really do either to the same level.

spyderdrifter

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Kia Forte Koup
The mood of this response is different than your first.

Honda doesn't offer cooled seats that I'm aware of. Only ventilated.
For most manufacturers, ventilated and cooled are the same thing. I thought my tone was the same... not here to sh!t on what other people like, just stated my opinions, like everyone else here that didn't get this reply from you. So let this be the last of it since this is now getting way off the topic of the post.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
On a CTR, heated seats really aren't needed....

....Heated seats on this car seems like a pointless addition of weight. They're cloth, alcantara, or suede. If they were leather, then maybe yeah, but not as they are. Even in the winter, these seats shouldn't get cold...

That is a different take than your to each their own, free to like what we like second take.

The very point of my comment about the Atom is to emphasize what this car is. So to claim weight savings is weak at best.

Ventilated and cooled seats are the same?

Dude.. You live in Colorado right? Its summer time.. Sit in your car with the a/c on. Then turn your ac off and sit there with just the blower motor going. Then tell me they are the same thing.

Or better yet ask a Ford Owner if its the same thing. I understand due to production constraints they have made some changes from cooled seats to ventilated.

Weeeeeeeee

Last edited:

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Having grown up with the DC2 as my generation's Type R, I already think that the new model is practically a Mercedes S-class by comparison.
phones back then were just a brick with a dot matrix screen. Expectations and tech evolves. I'm in my 40's now, the R will spend majority of its life in DC's bumper to bumper traffic, I could do with some comforts. Heated seats, much like power windows and air conditioning has just became standard in most new cars. Its not unreasonable to ask for some standard creature comforts in a 40k+ car.
Sponsored