• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
I have a feeling they've moved production over to Japan, especially with this LHD model being made there with federal stickers. Would also explain the low Canadian (and potentially American) allocations.
Getting shafted just like the old days…at least we still get a type r
Sponsored

11GenImUnsure

First Name
11thGen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Feet
Looks good without the camo, but I'm still in the FK8 camp looks-wise. The FK8's wacky styling aside, I think the slanted headlights, lower sloping hood, shorter overall length, and the rising angle of the front-to-rear window beltline give it a meaner stance/look.

SmartSelect_20220721-003603_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20220721-003935_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20220721-003822_Gallery.jpg
I get that you are just voicing your opinion, Paul.

But, different strokes for different folks. Let's just put this whole comparison ordeal to rest. It is no secret that the design philosophies were completely different between these two generations.

Starion

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Starion - modded
Interior air vents go through the honeycomb strip i assume? Seems like it would limit the directional flow??

I'm not as big a fan of the subtle body look in this one (flared wheel wells are nice & necc for 265s), nor do I like red interior, but my op. doesn't matter since I won't be buying one any time soon. Can't fault a new model launch & hopefully you all love it enough for one of you to sell me your 10th gen in a year or 2. 😅

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
I get that you are just voicing your opinion, Paul.

But, different strokes for different folks. Let's just put this whole comparison ordeal to rest. It is no secret that the design philosophies were completely different between these two generations.
Heck, I might just change my mind and the new car will grow on me. I wasn't too crazy about the FK8 when it first came out, either. I usually go for the last year runs, like I did for my FK8, AP1, and EM1, so I may trade mine in in 4-5 years. It's a CTR regardless, so once you're behind the wheel, it should be all smiles. 👍

Last edited:

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Interior is far far better than FK8. Oddly enough looks worse in red than white for this gen.
Interior is definitely light years ahead especially with the new gauges and infotainment screen. Love the addition of all the various data points especially temps. And when i saw the red i had the same exact thoughts. Seemed underwhelming for some reason but the CW really popped. If I ever get one of these its gotta be CW.

Vtak Groceries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I have a feeling they've moved production over to Japan, especially with this LHD model being made there with federal stickers. Would also explain the low Canadian (and potentially American) allocations.
Agreed. This is what im feeling too.

Makes it even better though!

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2018 Sentra SR Turbo, 2013 GT-R Black Edition, 2009 Nismo 370Z
360 Viewer:

https://www.honda.co.jp/CIVICTYPE-R/configurator/

More Specs:

● Drive mode switch (INDIVIDUAL mode, SPORT mode, COMFORT mode) ● + R mode switch ● Rev match system ● 10.2 inch digital graphic display with TYPE R + LED rev indicator ● Honda CONNECT display + ETC2.0 on-board unit <Navigation interlocking> With 9” display ● TYPE R Dedicated data logger Honda LogR ● Active sound control ● Honda TYPE R seat (front) <Lux Suede®> ● TYPE R specific seating (rear) ● TYPE R Instrument Panel ● TYPE R suspension ● 19 inch wheels (19 × 9. 5 J) + 265/ 30 ZR 19 93 Y tires ● Brembo Brakes ● Herikaru LSD

“2022.09 ON THE GRID” Possibly September in Japan?

Last edited:

b534202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR WRX Legacy Hellcat LC500
What's this here? It was just the Earth Dreams label before.
11th Gen Honda Civic OFFICIAL: 2023 Civic Type R Reveal Photos, Wallpapers & Videos dsc8756-1658335621[1]

Any shots of the back seat, on whether it has matching color seats, and will it seat 4 or 5?

Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
What's this here? It was just the Earth Dreams label before.
dsc8756-1658335621[1].jpeg
I have been scratching my head thinking about what this is as well. I was thinking maybe an intake resonator but it looks a bit complicated to be that.

Maybe some kind of mini heat exchanger to reduce IATs before the turbo? There are water lines right under it, but it is hard to tell if it is integrated into the new crossover pipe. The FK8 has water lines in this area as well, but they are separate from the crossover pipe.

11th Gen Honda Civic OFFICIAL: 2023 Civic Type R Reveal Photos, Wallpapers & Videos 1658383336812

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
Each to their own - many ppl bashed the over-styling of the FK8, I gave it a massive swerve for this reason. The FL5 is a spiritual successor to the FD2 - even down to those plush red mats!

I think as soon as people see the new one in the flesh you'll like it, and it will date the previous models very clearly due to the new design direction. It you love your FK8 keep it - it doesn't mean you have to sell it! By in large Honda want to take sales from other manufacturers, as well as sell you a new one. Well they've got my money, as i'll be swapping from VAG brand to this!

Beenom

First Name
Moneeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Jazz
In the UK the FK8 had foldable cup holders in the rear to give 2.5 seats. Would be a shame to lose that practicality in the FL5

kperez

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatch Type R
Like the change to air diversion around tires. Makes car look like a bigger front overhang.
Also, I agree with earlier comment, rear wing should be color matched to car color.
Also thought they achieved new Fwd Nurbergring record?
Sponsored