• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Looking very Champ White

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread Fb5BNVOUcAAX31a

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread Fb5BNVQUUAAbh6

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread Fb5BNVQVsAASqHG

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Some more photos I found on Twitter...

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread Fb4yHc2aUAIae3U

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread Fb44yiUUcAIL5c8

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread Fb5MjVaUEAAboEJ

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread Fb5U8AyUIAEGpi2

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread Fb5YBIRUYAIK8J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack

Looks great IMO. Can’t wait to throw a proper set dampers on it with remote reservoirs like JRZ or MCS.

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
Maybe this will interest some, I saw this on YouTube today.

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R #21399 (sold). 2023 Type-R #912
Swung by with my FK8 for some pics. I love the car in person!

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread Civic Type R FL5 vs FK8 1

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread Civic Type R FL5 vs FK8 2

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread Civic Type R FL5 vs FK8 3

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread Civic Type R FL5 vs FK8 4

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread Civic Type R FL5 vs FK8 5

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread Civic Type R FL5 vs FK8 6

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread Civic Type R FL5 vs FK8 7

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread Civic Type R FL5 vs FK8 8

crash___

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, CW FL5
hello! this as of me writing this, i have owned this car for two days. a majority of the miles come from me driving home 3 hours from the dealership. i have never done anything related to reviewing cars, so i apologize if this review is ass lol. i’ll keep it short, but to the point. feel free to ask questions, i can try to answer. i also have never owned a honda in my life, only toyotas and lexus’.

driving:

first of all, this car is pretty damn big in person. it’s like an inch longer than the fk8 and it’s pretty wide, giving the car such an aggressive stance. the car is also heavier than the fk8. despite all of this, the girth and “weight” goes away when you drive. the car feels incredibly nimble and light. there are different steering modes; comfort, sport, and r+. i like to keep it at r+ as it gives weight to the steering and a lot more precise feedback. all modes feel great, comfort just takes away the weight and aggressiveness. never tried sport as of this moment. i’ve only driven an fk8 once and honestly don’t remember much, so i cannot compare well, but the car is absolutely nuts. i have felt 0 oversteering while pushing the car aggressively (not too much since i still want to break it in), and i have never felt so confident taking bends at 80 mph. i could probably go faster if i had the balls to. i also have 0 complaints about the shifter and clutch feel. the shifter is veryyy narrow and precise, i swear i could orgasm by just shifting the car. the clutch is very easy as well. i had no problems getting home and driving everywhere as it’s my first manual car. there are two settings for auto rev-matching; comfort and sport. sport just makes it rev higher and faster. i prefer keeping it in sport. it’s pretty damn quick, no complaints for it. compared to the fk8’s rev-matching? it’s quicker for sure, but i haven’t driven an fk8 in a while so i can’t say it with confidence. i also don’t like the fake engine noise as well hence i put the exhaust setting on comfort (which disables fake engine noise) and everything on r+ besides suspension and throttle response. the gauge cluster is very cool as well on r+, reminds me of the s2k’s cluster. you can see everything from boost pressure, oil pressure, etc.

car is too quiet as well :((

probably my only true complaint has to be the suspension. it’s really good when you need it, but’s too rough for daily driving. it’s too reactive and bumpy even in comfort mode. not punishing, but could wear out a person for a bit. i live in seattle and i know bad roads. road noise floor is also pretty loud, could be the tires, but probably not the main cause of it.

exterior:

i LOVE how wide this car is. in videos and pictures, it’s not the most noticeable thing. in-person though, it’s very noticeable. i’m in love how the door is wider to accommodate the widebody. it’s not weird and tacky, like the fk8 as it’s “widebody” is just like a fender flare that anyone could do. in the fl5, it’s the actual body panels itself. the only body panel it shares with the normal civic is probably the front doors. i see a lot of complaints about the rear wing, but i like it a lot. very cool to see it in the side and rearview mirrors. build quality is nuts as well.

interior and build quality:

the seats. the seats are the best part of the car. they look amazing and look very race car-like hehe. a bit hard to get in and out, but it’s pretty good to daily. they feel amazing, minimal back wear after long drives. they grip the body hard and the bolsters are aggressive while being comfortable. as what you guys have seen in in reviews, the interior is intuitive and is just a great place to be. logR is fun and gimmicky, not gonna explain what it’s gonna do since honda has a video on it. (talked about the cluster in driving).

red carpets are also not a distraction, they attract a lot of men.

the car’s build quality is definitely a step-up. 0 body—panel gaps, good paint quality. my car doesn’t have orange peel. it’s just such a well-built car, comparable to my family’s 2019 rx350 honestly. love how the door has that high-end door weight to it. because it’s a little longer than the fk8, the car is an absolute cavern on the inside, especially with the seats down. i can fit all of my girlfriends and gold bars in it with no problem.

the sound system is quite bumpin. it sounds super clear and there’s great balance between bass, treble, and mid (i’m not certified to review audio systems, i don’t know shit about them). i’m not an audiophile, but i would honestly sometimes sit in this car just to listen to music. it’s an amazing sounding system. it’s also able to drown out the noise-floor and adjust loudness with the car’s speed.

conclusion:

so far from me driving from my university and work, it’s a super dailyable car. feels like i’m driving a bigger fwd go-kart. i know why people call the type r’s the 911 gt3 of hatchbacks. amazing engineering and passion flow through this car, i can feel it. i’m driving the shit out of this car, i don’t care if it’s the only one in washington state as of this moment, i bought this car to drive. people’s opinions on it can also go down the drain, don’t let the insecure fk8 owners that only talk shit let you down when you guys get your fl5s haha. this car, imo and i guess factually, is an improvement in every single way. i have many road trips and drives planned for this car. super excited to see what brands like j’s racing and seeker can do to this car as well. but for now, i’m gonna enjoy it as is. it’s amazing.

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread A1BA67F6-738A-46A0-B353-EE3AC64F05BB

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread 46A10A8C-94B0-4186-894A-59E68843A01E

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread 1A3174A8-7B88-48DB-9A66-8ACE474E88CC

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread 4D7FF89F-E2CD-418A-8294-7F07AF5B393F

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread 7AF2FFC0-9F83-44FB-B6C2-06A6999E2E47

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread 8D42FF56-EEE3-4903-A3EE-3007CFDF7603

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread 3C159690-EA08-44F9-B07B-47024C9D31A8

(i really like kpop if you can't tell lol)

dminus

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Clarity
I know the sales manager over there. She sent me some pics and told me this one is selling for 25k over sticker to some guy in his late 30s.

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread 689197419
11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread 689197408
11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread 689197436
11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread 689197446
11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread 689197461
11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread 689197427

FL5 4WIN

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW Civic Type R, 2014 Track FRS
Despite a pretty rainy 36 hours I have managed to put 500KMs on the new FL5 including 100 of them on the track and thought some might like to hear my initial impressions. The chassis is superbly responsive and precise. I also have a fully track prepared and caged FRS and manage a race track so I do have a bit of frame of reference to compare to. The track videos to date had me a bit concerned so I just wanted to provide a little bit of my driving impressions today. The track and tire temps were very cold so less than ideal and I did respect the break-in and kept to only 50% throttle and under 4500RPM, this required extra shifting but with the amazing transmission in the car that was a treat. I know many of the track videos thus far show what looks like a bouncy ride and I can tell you that is much more a factor of the track and not the car at all. Calabogie, where I ran is buttery smooth and the car was so firm, planted and with laser sharp turn in. No bucking bronco rides like some of the videos show. Weather permitting, I will do my best to get back out with the GoPro to get some footage to demonstrate how smooth the ride can be on a nice track surface.

Road manners are great with irregularities being felt more than a non-sports car but not overly harsh in comfort mode. In my opinion, +R mode is not designed for the street unless you're on a freshly paved stretch I would avoid it altogether.

Keeping the rains on this thing and under 4500 RPM is an exercise in incredible restraint to say the least, the car just wants to go from that point and I cannot wait to unleash the beast. I know no one loves piped in fake engine sounds but when keeping the car at lower RPM during this break-in period the sounds it makes on rev match are, dare I say, nice with a deep tone and not really fake sounding. From videos the upper rev range may be a different thing but for the lower RPM stuff I have experienced so far I personally like it and have found myself rowing up and down the gearbox just for fun.

I will leave it at that for now but if anyone has any specific questions, fire away.

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread PXL_20221112_175851586

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread PXL_20221112_175926659

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread PXL_20221112_180004605

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread PXL_20221112_180251711

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread PXL_20221112_180422717

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread PXL_20221112_180541021

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread PXL_20221112_180620707

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread PXL_20221112_180630198

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread PXL_20221112_180650821

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread PXL_20221112_180659971