• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Official CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL FL5 Type R Photos Thread

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
I like the way the black wing contrasts with the other body colours and I didn't pick black because it matches the wing. We're not some FL5-owning hive mind over here!

Not quite sure in what tone you meant that, but to be clear... like most people on here...i didn't 'pick' black -- it picked me :cool:
Sponsored

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
Not quite sure in what tone you meant that, but to be clear... like most people on here...i didn't 'pick' black -- it picked me :cool:
Apologies I read your message too quickly and focussed on the eye roll and not much else! Confession time from me too, I asked for a white one 🤣 Now I have the black though, I really do love it, just wondering whether some carbon accents might look good 😎

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Apologies I read your message too quickly and focussed on the eye roll and not much else! Confession time from me too, I asked for a white one 🤣 Now I have the black though, I really do love it, just wondering whether some carbon accents might look good 😎
That's the challenge with black cars. It's difficult to bring in contrast in a tasteful way. A dash of carbon fiber is always a winning formula but unfortunately, the carbon fiber will blend in on a black car. I see you initially wanted CW. It's arguably the best (or easiest) color to balance out with contrast. The upside to CBP is it's a rare species. It may be a long time before you see another one in the wild.

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
That's the challenge with black cars. It's difficult to bring in contrast in a tasteful way. A dash of carbon fiber is always a winning formula but unfortunately, the carbon fiber will blend in on a black car. I see you initially wanted CW. It's arguably the best (or easiest) color to balance out with contrast. The upside to CBP is it's a rare species. It may be a long time before you see another one in the wild.
Yeah agree with all that! But I think maybe a subtle contrast of carbon might look quite good. My plan B is a bit nuclear, which is to wrap it in Nurburgring Blue (Suzuka Blue for non UK-ers I think) in homage to my S2000 (and I love that colour, unlike most S2000 folk)...

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Yeah agree with all that! But I think maybe a subtle contrast of carbon might look quite good. My plan B is a bit nuclear, which is to wrap it in Nurburgring Blue (Suzuka Blue for non UK-ers I think) in homage to my S2000 (and I love that colour, unlike most S2000 folk)...
Love Suzuka Blue as well! The FL5 would look great in that color!

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
can confirm... this is exactly what happened to me... i was in the market for a CW and ended up with a CBP after seeing it in person
Just curious, what about seeing CBP in person made you say, "I've gotta have this color!"?

jdOTFL5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR #0995 CBP
Just curious, what about seeing CBP in person made you say, "I've gotta have this color!"?
honestly, cbp was probably my least favorite color when i got my car... this was in december. the press photos did not do it justice. you couldnt see the lines of the car and i always thought CW showed the body lines more (at least in photos). after seeing it in person CBP definitely jumped up my list. It's just so aggressive in person. its less common than CW and it has like a low key vibe to it. kind of like a if you know you know. this car has broken more necks than any car that ive owned. and i've definitely owned a few sports cars that are more expensive than the fl5

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
can confirm... this is exactly what happened to me... i was in the market for a CW and ended up with a CBP after seeing it in person
What you say is true -- in that my first choice without seeing it was the Gray followed by Black... but after seeing it, i actually prefer the black. :) HOWEVER... what i was specifically referring to was that with so few cars available, i was pretty much going to end up with whatever color popped into the dealer. I was 1st on the list with my deposit for 56k OTD, and wasn't going to sacrifice that position to being picky about color LOL So the color "picked me" -- it was the car that decided to come to that dealer for me. yay!

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek

I keep wondering what a RED wing would look like on the black car -- the same red as the brakes or the badges?

Along with that, the edges of the side vents in red? LOL

Last edited:

Hiryumaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3, FL5 Type R
Hello, I have a deposit on a championship white in MA, salesperson called me and said it's arriving between 6/28 and early July. If anyone has a deposit on a crystal black pearl and wants to swap let me know!
Sponsored