• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Oil dilution?

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
I've been using M1 for years because it's cheap and easy to get and I figure it's good enough for me. I've always had in the back of my mind, ehh maybe I should switch to Amsoil?

Nowadays I have a good reason to go out of my way for better oil *cough* so after I read this post I went looking. I ended up doing the whole Amsoil preferred member thing and will run signature in the CTR and 86 and maybe the basic full synthetic in our normal vehicle(s) since it's not much more expensive than M1 at that point.

Anyhow it's funny because your avatar picture looks like a Mobil 1 advert
Lol just the picture I got taken at Sebring which now that you point it out its hilarious. But I order amsoil by the bulk and I’m also a dealer.
Sponsored

cryptolime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si
after changing out the factory fill, the dealership used valvoline synthetic. I now have a strong smell of gas on the dipstick and when smelling inside the oil fill hole. Is it okay to step up to 5w-30?

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
after changing out the factory fill, the dealership used valvoline synthetic. I now have a strong smell of gas on the dipstick and when smelling inside the oil fill hole. Is it okay to step up to 5w-30?
yes sir! Go ahead and swap out to 5w-30.

cryptolime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si
drove about 3 to 4 hours yesterday and today and the oil level has gone down to where it was when i got my oil changed 1000 miles ago. right in the middle of the low and high points. was about 1 mm above the high point yesterday morning and it reeked. still smells a little bit like gas but much less so. so that's good news. at least it's not steadily going up. appears to be burning off. i did a high rpm pull last week and hit fuel cut so maybe it dumped a bunch of fuel into the cylinders when it cut spark. not sure how this ECU manages fuel cut/redline.
Sponsored