• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

PRL Motorsports Downpipe / Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
More HP/power than the catted version.I also live in a non inspection state.
your CVT right? so are you doing catless for performance..I was under the impression that the CVT is maxed out on a custom tune alone. that any gains seen by a DP could just as well be requested from boost

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
I don't
your CVT right? so are you doing catless for performance..I was under the impression that the CVT is maxed out on a custom tune alone. that any gains seen by a DP could just as well be requested from boost

I don't think anybody knows just what "maxed out" is yet on the cvt...

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
hondata does, they've already broke theirs (Intentionally) Vit seems to think 220tq is about the limit[/QUOTE

I see, haven't been paying enough attention to hondata I guess, plus I don't have the cvt so not too focused on it. Maybe the flow from the dp will just let him hold that level of power closer to red line...

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
hondata does, they've already broke theirs (Intentionally) Vit seems to think 220tq is about the limit
yah i'm right on the limit. but downpipe hear I come anyway xD

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
200hp is maxed out?

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Yup CVT. and yah but I don't have race gas, so we good.

SilverGhost

Ktuner tuned X2 CivicX.
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT,2017 Sport Hatchback09 Fit
Yes I'm a CVT.Its the high torque this engine produces that'll toast the CVT.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
ya. at this point I'm just trying to up the power for the mid and high. low has plenty...

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
ya. at this point I'm just trying to up the power for the mid and high. low has plenty...
I thought the turbo was the restriction so you can still improve HP with a DP on a custom tune and high octane? just trying to set the record straight here.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2004 Acura TSX
I thought the turbo was the restriction so you can still improve HP with a DP on a custom tune and high octane? just trying to set the record straight here.
If you have a MT the turbo is the limitation, well that and the stock clutch according to Vit. if you have a CVT, the CVT is the limitation.
Sponsored