• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Proper Wash & Detail for the FL5 Type R? Yes Please! ✨

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
To help ensure as many FL5’s as possible receive the washing, drying and detailing they deserve, I figured it would be a good idea to throw out proper techniques, recommended products, etc.

I’ll start with a shoutout to Adam’s products - whole lineup really. All their stuff is high quality and holds up well. Oh, and their soaps & sprays smell great.

Good all-in-one vid to get started:

Sponsored

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Top down double bucket with touchless prewash only for the FL1. Nothing less for the FL5!

Reactions: Z3N
OP
OP
Z3N

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
Last edited:
OP
OP
Z3N

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
"Less is more" is an easy to remember golden rule to keep in mind whenever you're detailing, especially with painted surfaces!
If you can achieve the same or near-same results of a high contact method with a low contact one, go with it.
Start with less contact and move your way up as necessary.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Adam's advanced graphene ceramic coating. Best of the best, get that shit on ur car if you get a FL5.

Thank me later.

Reactions: Z3N

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
I've asked my wife for one of those car wash sprayers for Christmas. You know, the ones that leave the car bathed in soap? I've always wanted one, and this is the car to get it for. And I'll be going to the double-bucket system, too.

OP
OP
Z3N

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
I've asked my wife for one of those car wash sprayers for Christmas. You know, the ones that leave the car bathed in soap? I've always wanted one, and this is the car to get it for. And I'll be going to the double-bucket system, too.
Grab the DUSICHIN foam cannon. Have had it since I got the fk8 in 2017, no issues. Brass connectors are good quality.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WPKHFA6?tag=pw-best-foam-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

For the power washer, there a plenty to choose from. The Sun Joe SPX3000 is a solid choice. Maxes out around 2000 psi, which is good.
https://www.amazon.com/Sun-Joe-SPX3...p/dp/B073FCYPVD/ref=psdc_552856_t2_B00CPGMUXW

Last edited:

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
That's how I do it. I wish I had more shade but I do as best as I can.

Turbonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' EG B18C
Grab the DUSICHIN foam cannon. Have had it since I got the fk8 in 2017, no issues. Brass connectors are good quality.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WPKHFA6?tag=pw-best-foam-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

For the power washer, there a plenty to choose from. The Sun Joe SPX3000 is a solid choice. Maxes out around 2000 psi, which is good.
https://www.amazon.com/Sun-Joe-SPX3...p/dp/B073FCYPVD/ref=psdc_552856_t2_B00CPGMUXW
I recommend this same setup too as i have it b/c its the best setup for the price. Except get the foam cannon with a short lance.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B083...d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9kZXRhaWwp13NParams

-I recommend the short lance bc it cuts the 2 bucket method down to 1. I call it the "2 bucket method minus 1".
Use 1 bucket of soapy water(+grit guard) only. To reclean the mitten every time you redip for soap, just use the short lance and pressure wash the mit while wearing it. This cleans the mitten better, rather than a dirty bucket of water sloshing around. Then when dipping for soap, grind the grit guard as well. This is faster and easier than lugging 2 🪣 around.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
We need a thread on how to wash & detail our cars?!

The best advice has already been given, tell the dealer not to clean it and do it yourselves...

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Project farm took a look at spray-on ceramic coatings (obviously not as good as a real ceramic coat, but worth a look here)

Obsessed garage did a video series where he compared 50 pressure washers and uploaded it on YouTube. All of his final findings are in this spreadsheet.

I picked up a lot of detailing gear based off of this guy (Detail geek), he has all of his cleaning supplies listed in his youtube vids' description. The older vids on his channel have his pre-self-branded gear in the description.

Cheers!

OP
OP
Z3N

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
Morning gents ☕

Friendly reminder to ask your dealer not to drill on the front plate on your fl5
Sponsored