• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Quality workmanship?

roadrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Civic Sport Touring
My Sport Touring came with the rear seat backs wrinkled. My dealer (Norm Reeves Honda in Vista, CA) couldn't fix the problem and declined to submit a warranty claim with Honda. The service manager rationalized that, based on his experience, they all came like that. Of course, there was nothing on the lot to verify this. So I'm curious, since this is my first Honda, if all the STs have this kind of workmanship quality (as my dealer claims)?
11th Gen Honda Civic Quality workmanship? honda seat 2

11th Gen Honda Civic Quality workmanship? honda seatback
Sponsored

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
That's not acceptable and I would file a formal complaint with Honda of North America. I'm surprised that passed any sort of quality inspection from the factory.
I'm not surprise. Consedering the backlog, what is important is delivery ($$$) to make investors happy.

Regardless, contact Honda USA, I'm sure they will help.

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mazda3 Turbo, 13 FR-S, 03 RSX Type S
My right seatback is a little wrinkled too but not as bad as that. I also found the side trim that faces the seatback didn’t line up right. I fixed it myself and actually got rid of an annoying rattle I’ve had. It is kind of sad that this was overlooked, but this is still overall an excellent car.

andyh96z

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sport Touring
My Sport Touring came with the rear seat backs wrinkled. My dealer (Norm Reeves Honda in Vista, CA) couldn't fix the problem and declined to submit a warranty claim with Honda. The service manager rationalized that, based on his experience, they all came like that. Of course, there was nothing on the lot to verify this. So I'm curious, since this is my first Honda, if all the STs have this kind of workmanship quality (as my dealer claims)?
honda seat 2.jpeg

honda seatback.jpeg
I've not noticed that with my rear seats although I do have a small rattle in the dash from what sounds like ahead of the center display. I agree with the others, speak with another dealership and/or Honda rep. They will make it right.

Mel C.

First Name
Melody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Sport
More defective workmanship... Trying to talk to Honda Corporation now... PS: you can not see the rippling until you come up sideways. And then it's like woah!

Attachments

svffr

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FC1
More defective workmanship... Trying to talk to Honda Corporation now... PS: you can not see the rippling until you come up sideways. And then it's like woah!
Looks like the same issue that plagued the 10th gens.

The orange peel on the paint doesn't look right also.

andyh96z

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sport Touring
That looks like transportation damage to me, not a defect.

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
Yeah, Honda doesn't have the greatest quality control, but there's no way they let it leave the factory with those obvious dents. That had to be during shipping... it's a shame the dealer accepted it.

Mel C.

First Name
Melody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Sport
I suppose it could have been shipping. However, the point I made earlier is valid. You cannot see the obvious damage until you look at the vehicle sideways. Straight on, with this bright blue paint color, it really is NOT apparent. So, I believe it’s actually a defect from the factory. Not asking Honda Corporate to fix, because it might not fix the underlying issue, which may be the frame. I want another car to replace the defective one.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
This is why everyone should do a thorough walkaround of their car before they take the keys. That way, if you find anything, you can make sure they put in a WE OWE for any damages or defects you find so you don't end up on the hook for it.

ACSi

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Did you check out all the door hood & trunk to see if they match up? They don’t. The fit and finish is terrible. I sold my 2022 Si after 1 month. Very disappointed in Honda. The quality is horrible and cheap.
Sponsored