• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Question about jacking/lifting FL5

OP
OP
spiff72

spiff72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
If the manual doesn't distinguish models, it is for all models in the book.

If anything, the added glue/welds on the FL5 would make it easier to lift two wheels from the pinch welds, but I wouldn't do it that way.

Drive up on 2x4s or if you don't want to risk it slipping out or placing it right, use your jack under the pinch welds to put one or two 2x8s under the front wheels (depending on how low your jack is), then jack the center point. Or get race ramps, etc.

Pittsburgh 3T low profile jack can barely fit and reach the center point with the 1.5" rise of a 2x4 or 2x8.
I need to go look at my jack to confirm, but I think I have the 3T (or possibly 2 or 2.5 Ton) Pittsburgh from HF. I need to get a good jack pad for it too (and again, confirm the size of the cup on the jack)...
Sponsored

GV27

First Name
Alon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 type r
There are six jacking points on the fl5:
1-4: The reinforced sections of the pinch welds immediately ahead of the rear wheels and immediately behind the fronts (see image below from the owners manual). Those are where the pinch is thicker with an added right angled plate welded on the pinch weld. Do not use the pinch weld at any other point or you will bend it or worse. These points are for your usual flat tire/wheel stuff. Can also be used with jack stands for general maintenance. If you use the front pinch weld jacking point it will also lift the rear wheel - I used this method to rotate the tires recently
11th Gen Honda Civic Question about jacking/lifting FL5 IMG_5945

5,6: front and rear jack points - those are essentially for lifting both front wheels or both back wheels (then dropping the car on jack stands at the pinch weld lift points):
11th Gen Honda Civic Question about jacking/lifting FL5 IMG_5462

The rear point is accessible by removing a small plastic section of the diffuser. It’s easy - it’s held on with 2 or 3 clips (better to use a plastic trim tool).
The front one is very deep - you need a very long reach low profile jack ($$$) or use the two jacks method:
I use that to lift the car on jack stands when I’m doing an oil change or brake work: lift the car a bit from one of the front pitch weld jack points, so you can reach with a second jack to the middle front point and lift the whole car, then drop it onto 2 jack stands at the pinch weld points.

OP
OP
spiff72

spiff72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Where did u get the image of the pinch weld locations that uses the Type R specific car graphic? That looks different from the manual I downloaded from Honda.

void*

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Boost Blue Honda Civic Type R
Where did u get the image of the pinch weld locations that uses the Type R specific car graphic? That looks different from the manual I downloaded from Honda.
Given the poster's location, and the spelling of "tyre", I'm going to say it's a non-US version of the manual.
Sponsored