• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
got my car done yesterday, and despite my best afford, there are still some skatches. Oh well, what do you say, what do you do? Nothing, not making big deal out of it. but for those who wants to try a bit harder than I did at protecting the panels, below are some pictures. I'm just happy AF I got my car back :dance:

11th Gen Honda Civic Recall: 2023 Civic Type R (FL5) Driver's Seat Cushion Frame Stop Sale (TSB Service Bulletin 23-030) 3

11th Gen Honda Civic Recall: 2023 Civic Type R (FL5) Driver's Seat Cushion Frame Stop Sale (TSB Service Bulletin 23-030) 1

11th Gen Honda Civic Recall: 2023 Civic Type R (FL5) Driver's Seat Cushion Frame Stop Sale (TSB Service Bulletin 23-030) 2
Sponsored

Scottyy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
11th Gen Honda Civic Recall: 2023 Civic Type R (FL5) Driver's Seat Cushion Frame Stop Sale (TSB Service Bulletin 23-030) IMG_1007

i’m just waiting to see what fucked up mess they’ve done to mine… (dropped off at 10 am yesterday)

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
got my car done yesterday, and despite my best afford, there are still some skatches. Oh well, what do you say, what do you do? Nothing, not making big deal out of it. but for those who wants to try a bit harder than I did at protecting the panels, below are some pictures. I'm just happy AF I got my car back :dance:

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg
Id make them replace those parts too. Thats BS.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
100%. I've had too many instances of this happening in the past and it's a dog fight getting them to admit to the damage they caused and fixing it. "It was like that when you dropped it off." or "Our technicians are super careful, they would never do that." or "Let's look at the cameras to see what happened." and the cameras show nothing to help determine cause and they still deny culpability.

If I bring my car in for a service (i.e., ppf, window tint, dealership service, etc.) the vehicle should be returned to me in the exact condition I dropped it off, end of discussion. It's ridiculous to even have to do this but I take photos, show them the condition of the area where work will occur, and then I protect it. I also have seat covers I put on the seats and the paper automotive floor mats.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Yep, record a clip of the surface and cover the potential areas with blue scratch tape and cover that w PVC tape. Then talk to them ahead of time and give the tech a $50 gift card to Chillis.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
na, I won't make a big deal out this...
the scratches are at locations that, mostly, will eventually get beat up anyways, so why have them put in a brand new piece. I'm going to pick my battles, and this one is not worth fighting, as I think I can live with these scratches. These pieces are also original to the car. All good guys! Thanks for the heads up :)

Scottyy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
11th Gen Honda Civic Recall: 2023 Civic Type R (FL5) Driver's Seat Cushion Frame Stop Sale (TSB Service Bulletin 23-030) IMG_1010
I got a little scuff mark around the door sill, nothing a little polish won’t fix. Although very frustrating… I always take pictures and videos of my car before dropping it off. Don’t care if they think i’m being excessive.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Im kind of a nut about it, I expect they would treat it like it was their own. Otherwise Id ask if i could go scratch the shit out theirs and see if they are ok with it.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Im kind of a nut about it, I expect they would treat it like it was their own. Otherwise Id ask if i could go scratch the shit out theirs and see if they are ok with it.
Yeah, the problem is, that probably is how they'd treat their own vehicle. But I understand what you're getting at. I never assume any of these shops, dealership or otherwise, will be as maniacal about my car as I am so I take measures to care for that.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Yeah, the problem is, that probably is how they'd treat their own vehicle. But I understand what you're getting at. I never assume any of these shops, dealership or otherwise, will be as maniacal about my car as I am so I take measures to care for that.
Its funny, a team installed carpet on my stairs and left a gap and when i showed concern they asked what i wanted to do. The first thing i said is what would you do if it was your home? Quickly followed by “tear it out”. They called in the expert to get it done right. Sucks but sometimes you have to push.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
How did you all fare with the damages caused by the dealership when completing the recall work? For those that pursued action with the dealership, what was the outcome?

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Preparation phase 1 complete fellas. Painters tape covered in pvc protection film.

Phase 2 gift card tomorrow before drop off…

IMG_3402.jpeg

IMG_3399.jpeg

IMG_3400.jpeg
Just an additional suggestion. I also gave the Honda Tech a gift card inside a note thanking him for his taking extra care of my FL5. It might be a good idea to request a specific Service Tech. I looked at my dealership's website under "Meet Our Staff" and saw that they had a "Master Technician" listed with 22 yrs. experience. I asked for him, and he was outstanding. No scratches, perfect repair, and he came out to personally thank me for the gift card. In their future, I'll always ask for him.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Just an additional suggestion. I also gave the Honda Tech a gift card inside a note thanking him for his taking extra care of my FL5. It might be a good idea to request a specific Service Tech. I looked at my dealership's website under "Meet Our Staff" and saw that they had a "Master Technician" listed with 22 yrs. experience. I asked for him, and he was outstanding. No scratches, perfect repair, and he came out to personally thank me for the gift card. In their future, I'll always ask for him.
Good call! I think the ship may have sailed on requesting a specific tech given my appointment is tomorrow but can try.
Sponsored