• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

DarthTrizzle

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
The dealer scratched up one of the panels while they were doing mine. When he called to tell me it was ready he let me know they scratched it and had already ordered a new one for me. I'm happy with that outcome.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
The dealer scratched up one of the panels while they were doing mine. When he called to tell me it was ready he let me know they scratched it and had already ordered a new one for me. I'm happy with that outcome.
Accountability not perfection is all we can ask. So good to hear yours worked out.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I'm not following the logic of paying them to do their job that they're already getting paid to do. All I ask is for you to service my vehicle without damaging it. Why would I shower you with gifts to encourage that outcome?

Last edited:
OP
OP
tuhroo

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
I'm not following the logic of paying them to do their job that they're already getting paid to do. I'll I ask is for you to service my vehicle without damaging it. Why would I shower you with gifts to encourage that outcome?
it's not showering gifts, it's called appreciation for them handling their car and getting it taken care of so it's safe

also the job pays 1.2 hours but realistically takes 3-4 hours to replace

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
it's not showering gifts, it's called appreciation for them handling their car and getting it taken care of so it's safe

also the job pays 1.2 hours but realistically takes 3-4 hours to replace
That's too bad Honda is only paying 1.2 hours for a job that takes 2-3 times that duration to complete. What people are describing sounds less like appreciation and more like quid pro quo. In other words, an item or a service has been traded in return for something of value. I'll give you x, in return for you taking extra care and not damaging my car. Not having my car damaged during service is table stakes.

Everyone is entitled to do what they think is best for the situation. I get it. I'm simply saying sliding a tech or service manager a gift card or a sum of money to stimulate a desired outcome just doesn't make sense to me in this situation.

OP
OP
tuhroo

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
it's just like a tip when you go out to eat...you're showing appreciation even though that person is still getting paid

people should always get their vehicles back in the condition they're dropped, i 100% agree with you

however letting them know you appreciate them definitely does help ensure you have a higher chance of getting better service, just the way things work

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
We are undergoing major "tipflation" in the US right now, but this one I understand. Sometimes it just makes sense to tip. It your expensive car on the line. Reminds me of many years ago when I took my Cayman S into a pretty lousy neighborhood to play night/street tennis. I had to park it in a shady area. Lucky for me, the local "mayor" was standing there, guiding me as I was parallel parking. He was telling me things like, "You handle that power well", and stuff like this in the process. When I got out I have him a $20 bill. For the next 2-3 hours, he made damn sure nobody even came close to my car.

UCF120

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R, 2002 S2000
Having my seat repaired under warranty as soon as parts come in according to my dealer.

Seeing all the stories on here about people having seats/plastics scratched and damaged is worrying though.

I’ll ask my service advisor tomorrow but has anyone removed the seat themselves and just brought it in instead of having the dealer do it? I much rather just remove the seat myself so avoid someone possibly damaging my interior parts and then having to wait for more parts to replace those.

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Type R
Having my seat repaired under warranty as soon as parts come in according to my dealer.

Seeing all the stories on here about people having seats/plastics scratched and damaged is worrying though.

I’ll ask my service advisor tomorrow but has anyone removed the seat themselves and just brought it in instead of having the dealer do it? I much rather just remove the seat myself so avoid someone possibly damaging my interior parts and then having to wait for more parts to replace those.
Just buy foam padding from Home Depot and tape onto all plastic panels with blue masking tape
Sponsored