• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Recommendations for Screen Protectors on Infotainment System / Head Unit

KeglerKing

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Hello:
I'm looking for recommendations for a high quality screen protector for my Infotainment System / Head Unit in my 2023 Sport Touring Hatchback. I see many of them on Amazon; maybe too many. It gives me a headache with so many choices, most of which will probably be ok. However, I'd rather get input from my fellow 11th Gen'ers. Thanks in advance.
:drive:
Sponsored

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Hello:
I'm looking for recommendations for a high quality screen protector for my Infotainment System / Head Unit in my 2023 Sport Touring Hatchback. I see many of them on Amazon; maybe too many. It gives me a headache with so many choices, most of which will probably be ok. However, I'd rather get input from my fellow 11th Gen'ers. Thanks in advance.
:drive:
I used the Huahao Infotainment Glass Screen Protector recommended by @TR3BLE (see below thread). I attempted to use a couple highly rated screen protectors from Amazon and they were losers for me. I recommend buying several since they're relatively inexpensive in the event you have a faulty install. It's too bad Abstract Ocean doesn't make infotainment screen protectors for the FL5. In my experience they make the best automotive screen protectors by far!

https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threads/huahao-infotainment-glass-screen-protector.51546/

Last edited:

p_h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
I went with a Spigen one for no other reason than I’ve had good success with their phone screens.

The protector is slightly more matte than the screen itself, so it makes the glossy buttons stand out a bit more.

Install was easy and the screen seems quality.

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I have a DE5 i got last year and i originally tried to use one of the generic chinese glass ones (the brand was like Weipin or something) but it was a piece of crap and the installation instructions were all janky and i ruined it trying to figure it out lol.

right after i got my car i took it to a shop for a full PPF job and part of their package actually includes covering the infotainment center screen. the alcohol solution they use to adhere the PPF evaporates away so it doesn't harm the screen and you can't tell that it's PPF versus a 'normal' plastic screen protector.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
This is the one I installed on mine a week ago.

No issues with installation and it feels really nice - very glossy/slick to touch.

Honestly, I didn't even know Spigen made one - I probably would've gotten that one had I known simply from brand recognition but the one above is suprisingly nice.

type r fanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Type R - Sonic Gray Pearl
I tried the Spigen screen protector on my FL5, and ended up removing it after a few minutes as it made the clarity of the screen worse (matte screen protector + matte finish on the OEM screen).

I now don't use a screen protector and havent noticed any scratches on it yet

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
I tried the Spigen screen protector on my FL5, and ended up removing it after a few minutes as it made the clarity of the screen worse (matte screen protector + matte finish on the OEM screen).

I now don't use a screen protector and havent noticed any scratches on it yet
the one I linked earlier is glossy clear and looks OEM. Only difference from no screen was that it feels slicker which is a nice improvement.
Sponsored