• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

realtorhoff

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 SGP FL5
You were one of the lucky ones! I just wish they would have just used the trans from the Shelby gt350 on all gt models going forward and not on special editions.

this one always kills me:
Lmao. It was probably one of the earlier ones. I had a 2020 and I think they revised the gearbox. Mustangs are also notorious for having multiple owners, bad drivers, young kids, people modding improperly....the list goes on.
Sponsored

atucker80

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Civic Type R, 2022 Mustang GT CS
Lmao. It was probably one of the earlier ones. I had a 2020 and I think they revised the gearbox. Mustangs are also notorious for having multiple owners, bad drivers, young kids, people modding improperly....the list goes on.
I've had 2 new mustangs. 2021 6spd, and 2022 A10. Both absolutely flawless. The CTR is awesome but nowhere near the build quality of the Fords. I hate to say it because I'm Honda guy through and through, but the new ones just aren't on the same level as what they used to be.

realtorhoff

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 SGP FL5
I've had 2 new mustangs. 2021 6spd, and 2022 A10. Both absolutely flawless. The CTR is awesome but nowhere near the build quality of the Fords. I hate to say it because I'm Honda guy through and through, but the new ones just aren't on the same level as what they used to be.
throw me a follow and we can chat Mustangs @thehoffmobile. I do love this platform and community. A lot of like minded folks. I learned our friend Jester had an M2. I had one as well and thank the FL5 for brining good people together.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Lol I know I’m just messing around. I like all cars. Almost ended with a gt350 instead of the M2 😂.

realtorhoff

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 SGP FL5
Lol I know I’m just messing around. I like all cars. Almost ended with a gt350 instead of the M2 😂.
tremec is great, but the M2 is more fun to drive. You made the right decision. The 2016 GT350 burned oil like no other. I know a ton of guys who had whole motors replaced in the Shelbys.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
tremec is great, but the M2 is more fun to drive. You made the right decision. The 2016 GT350 burned oil like no other. I know a ton of guys who had whole motors replaced in the Shelbys.
Yeah dodged a bullet right there. Either way I was happy with the M2. And now happy with the Type R.

TheFactor

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
In reality, all of these mods are going to cost big money for very modest and incremental improvements. Ultimately, increasing flow and changing volumetric efficiency are the only ways to really improve the output without exponentially increasing temperatures, and those things are hard fixed into the design of the engine. One thing is for sure, tinkering and marketing are still thriving.

Hard take; buy a different car if you want something that is actually fast. Don't get me wrong, CTR is a great car, but it's still front wheel drive turbo 2.0 liter 4 cylinder. To what ends is this for?
The FL5 is not designed to be the fastest car out there in a straight line . It’s more about how it handles on the track and it has a track record in its class for a reason . It’s more about the heritage of the type R what it represents and how well rounded it is. I’ve had BMW’s a Supercharged SVT Cobra , Race bikes on the track and the list goes on but this FL5 puts a smile on my face more and everytime I slide into the drivers seat
Well done Honda 👍🏻.

Last edited:

TheFactor

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
Bad drivers ? I would never even take mine to the track 😆 ok maybe 20 or 30 times but I wasn’t counting :)

11th Gen Honda Civic Reducing Under Hood and Intake Temperatures IMG_2261

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Bad drivers ? I would never even take mine to the track 😆 ok maybe 20 or 30 times but I wasn’t counting :)

IMG_2261.jpeg
Loved these. Guy down the street had two back in the day.

TheFactor

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
11th Gen Honda Civic Reducing Under Hood and Intake Temperatures {filename}

Hey guys I found this one at the late night drags. I had to run a solo run they were checking the decibel level and after the run they kicked me out because I was to loud and it was after 10pm . I was running all night so she was pretty hot but actually my best run was a 11.8 with street stickies and a nice second gear burnout 😆Dynoed at 502 rwh and 546 torque with just bolt ons , bigger fuel injectors and a stock ported and polished blower very respectable power and times for back in the day and it was my daily driver . Got a love the sound of that blower 👍🏻👊🏻
EDIT: Hmmm Trying to get the sound to work maybe I’ll try another link

Last edited:

TheFactor

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
Exactly how I heard the picture😂
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
is the second link working with sound ?
I think there is a sound symbol you have to hit in the top right corner.
Can you hear me now ?🤣
Sponsored

Last edited: