• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Reliability of tunes/horsepower for 2022 Civic si

crgonza19

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Hey everyone! I owned a 2011 WRX with multiple aftermarket modifications, a tune, bigger turbo, exhaust, air intake etc. The transmission went twice, and could not afford to replace it again. With that being said, I do want to get more horsepower out of my new 2022 Civic SI. Going from my WRX to a Focus RS really spoiled me in terms of pure horsepower. I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge about what horsepower the clutch starts to slip or the longevity of the car could be degraded? Also what other modifications you reccommend?
Thanks.
Sponsored

kanav

First Name
Kanav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si Black
Clutch on the 10th gen way extremely hit or miss, some people went full bolt on for years without slip and some people slipped with the ktuner basemap, 2022 si is too new to know fully but likely will be the same situation

Only thing you can do to reduce chance of slip is try not to go full throttle below 3-4k rpm, downshift and roll into the throttle when you wanna go fast

I’ve been on ktuner basemap for 2000km and phearable 1.5R now for 1000km and 0 slip yet, obviously these are really low numbers so I wouldn’t be surprised if i started to slip soon (i drive the car hard, i bought it to have fun lol)

Either way if you are modding your si you should set aside some cash for a type r/aftermarket clutch

Violence HD

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
Clutch on the 10th gen way extremely hit or miss, some people went full bolt on for years without slip and some people slipped with the ktuner basemap, 2022 si is too new to know fully but likely will be the same situation

Only thing you can do to reduce chance of slip is try not to go full throttle below 3-4k rpm, downshift and roll into the throttle when you wanna go fast

I’ve been on ktuner basemap for 2000km and phearable 1.5R now for 1000km and 0 slip yet, obviously these are really low numbers so I wouldn’t be surprised if i started to slip soon (i drive the car hard, i bought it to have fun lol)

Either way if you are modding your si you should set aside some cash for a type r/aftermarket clutch
Yep, I'm on the Phearable 1.5R and no slip here either, but to answer OP's question, I believe Derek Robinson pegged the 11th Gen clutch at about max 265 lb. ft. of torque before you start getting into risky territory with the clutch.

The Phearable 23 PSI map does 259 lb. ft. and the 25.5 PSI map does 291 lb. ft. I know John Vega from Phearable said that he tuned the curve on them specifically for preservation of the stock clutch (you can look at the dyno graph and see the hump noticeably to the right). I've done some WOT pulls with the 25.5 PSI and had no clutch slip, and John said that none of his testers had any issues yet, but time will tell, I guess. As you said, these clutches were pretty inconsistent in the 10th Gens.