• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Replaced headlight caused short in wiring harness

Strykax

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hatch Sport Touring
Got a 2022 Sport Touring with 15,000mi.

Had a minor wreck in December, passenger headlight had some cracked mounting brackets so the body shop ordered a replacement along with the bumper.

After getting the repair done for a week/week and a half, I got a status message that the headlight system had a problem and to see the dealership. Took it back to the body shop the next morning to show them, then drove to the honda dealership to let them run the steering recall, and look over the headlight.

I called the insurance adjuster and let him know what was going on, and he was quick to say let the dealership take over.

At this point, Honda said they would order me a new headlight under warranty and try replacing it to see if the error stopped appearing. They scheduled me a few days later to get them swapped.

Now they have swapped the headlights they are telling me the wiring harness needs to be replaced, and the cost is $1800. Claiming the damage was caused during the accident, but I didn't have a single headlight malfunction until AFTER the body shop installed the new unit.

At this point im lost as to who should actually be responsible for performing this repair, I'm still waiting on my insurance adjuster to reach back out, but I'm worried this will just continue to be problem upon problem.
Sponsored

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Your adjuster isn't a tech, and will be dependent on the tech's assessment of what's wrong and why (unless they hire in a 3rd party to inspect and diagnose, which probably isn't likely).

Let the insurance cover this fix (as Honda says it's a result of the accident) and take it one problem at a time. No sense getting worked up over the next issue, as there may not be another.