• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Selling my 2022 Civic Touring Sonic Grey

bguttery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan Touring
Hey y’all,

I’m located in Houston, TX and I’m looking to sell my 2022 Civic Touring in Sonic Grey Pearl. I’ve had it since launch day on June 16. It has roughly 6,500 miles on it and I was wondering what you all thought I should ask?

The only reason I’m selling is I’m looking to get an Si now that they are starting to roll out. No negative comments please for selling so soon, but I wanted to get everyone’s thoughts on price and to see if anyone is interested.
11th Gen Honda Civic Selling my 2022 Civic Touring Sonic Grey 4ABBB7EC-C148-4A12-BD6C-5FE0EDEEC327
11th Gen Honda Civic Selling my 2022 Civic Touring Sonic Grey 430CAE2B-DF3C-40BA-9AE2-9BE971F56A9A
11th Gen Honda Civic Selling my 2022 Civic Touring Sonic Grey 92B5CE7F-1BD1-4883-8B8F-D4F31E6C850B
11th Gen Honda Civic Selling my 2022 Civic Touring Sonic Grey 70EDED5E-5A81-4D0C-BB13-128E69784DF6
Sponsored

jasonsmith1285

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C300
Houstonian here looking to sell off my C300 and pick up a civic. Is this manual?

Dealer1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic hatchback
How much are you asking/thinking? I am in Houston

Last edited:

Baldilocks

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Hey y’all,

I’m located in Houston, TX and I’m looking to sell my 2022 Civic Touring in Sonic Grey Pearl. I’ve had it since launch day on June 16. It has roughly 6,500 miles on it and I was wondering what you all thought I should ask?

The only reason I’m selling is I’m looking to get an Si now that they are starting to roll out. No negative comments please for selling so soon, but I wanted to get everyone’s thoughts on price and to see if anyone is interested.

How do you feel about losing the digital dash, LED fog lights and some of the other top trim features? If you don't mind a more stripped down experience then go for the Si.

S7N57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
How do you feel about losing the digital dash, LED fog lights and some of the other top trim features? If you don't mind a more stripped down experience then go for the Si.
I agree with Baldilocks and honestly your civic looks amazing I'd keep it personally unless you really have to have a manual.

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
Why didn't you just wait for the Si to roll out? We all knew when the dates were

squish72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ss camaro and soon 22 hatchback civic
Or...... Wait for the Type R

Baldilocks

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its sad how Honda sits and watches some of its stealerships literally gouge the hell outta people with over MSRP deals on Si and R's. I've lost respect for any manufacturer who knows this is going on and allows it. I love how GM earlier in the year put their foot down on that practice, even though they don't make anything I'd buy (LOL). Luckily, my local dealer owner refuses to mark up any of their performance oriented new Honda's, but he's one of a few, most in my area do gouge people to death, and idiots flush with low interest bank loans do pony up 5k to 10k over MSRP for em. Honda needs to end this practice and punish the stealerships that are doing this by refusing to allocate them any more. But most people with any sense refuse to pay over MSRP for what's essentially still a Civic. I have a deal for a new Si at MSRP, its supposed to be built and in transit soon...if when I sit down to talk numbers on my trade and they decide they need more than MSRP for it, trust will be broken, I'll ask for my $500 deposit back, and I'll drive right straight to Hyundai and order a new Elantra N and never look at another Honda ever. Hopefully for the communities sake, some higher up's at Honda read what I just said here and take it to heart. Hey are tarnishing their brand by allowing these mark up's and although I might be in a minority here, I refuse to pay over MSRP for any car, and there is a lot out there to choose from so shuffling my feet off to another brand isn't a big deal to me to get what I want (I've done it before, that's why I now own a Honda Civic and not another Ford (that and Ford really doesn't wanna build cool small cars in America any more).

Most manufacturers will tell you that the MSRP is just that - a Manufacturers "SUGGESTED" Retail Price and that they have no control or say of what prices are. I'm surprised that it's even suggested by the manufacturers at all.

That being said. I'd take a C8 Corvette Stingray or Z06 any day.

explodingGTI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTI
OP, I test drove the Civic Touring, and now own an Si, the Si is a much better car IMO. This an MSRP Canadian version, with all the features. I would not pay markup for the US version however, that's insane. I'm not sure you can trade up in this market without paying another 10K, not worth it.

Baldilocks

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To me a new Vette would be more useless than tits on a boar hog. GM is so poorly ran it won't even be a company by 2030. That is my prediction. 1/3rd of all Cadillac dealers are disappearing in 2022. The only reason GM has survived this long is trucks, and once gas prices double in the coming years, the trend of suburbanites who buy huge vehicles that suck gas as a status symbol will end. Electrification is coming, and the Chinese and Tesla are destined to eat everyone's lunch in the next 10 years or less with an EV market that is on fire and growing by leaps and bounds yearly now. RIP GM.
I’d bet you everything that I have that you’re wrong. GM is going to be around for a long long time.

As for the Corvette being useless, most cars that are fun are useless - doesn’t mean they aren’t great.

Baldilocks

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We'll know soon enough. 2030 isn't that far away. Wonder how many more of those junk Bolt's will burn down homes in the meantime? You might wanna take a look at how fast the EV market is growing per year, and then see how much of a failure GM is at EV's, heck they can't even seem to make Camaro's this year (plants been shut down 1/2 the year and they still aren't making any today). Even the Vette has issues now with wheel recalls, and the Ram and Ford trucks are both outselling Chevy. And do you think gas prices aren't going up? You think people across the country with all this inflation will be able to continue to eat well and make their mortgage? Yet alone buy $55k trucks that suck gas to keep their status appearance up in their neighborhood? All trends point to NO. And don't get me started on how poorly that company is ran, look at Mary Barra, she's inept and she the CEO.
Every manufacturer is having problems making cars right now, not just GM. As for the Bolt? I don't trust electric cars anyway, regardless of who makes them and a Tesla is the last car I would ever buy.

Cadillac will be an all electric company soon (boo!!), then there is the Hummer. Chevrolet division will be going the way of electrification as well. GM has never really been a well managed company, too many hands in the pot. Too many bean counters instead of engineers and designers. Mark Ruess should be in charge, but that's just how I feel.

Then let's not forget the thousands of patents that GM owns. Those come into play as well. No, GM won't be gone by 2030 or even 2130. It might not look the same, but it will still be around.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator: