• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Si in rain & snow?

ACSi

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
How does the Si do in the rain & snow?
Sponsored

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
It drives great in snow, slush, icy conditions, but I highly recommend snow tires on a dedicated set of rims and go narrow on the tires as narrow tires work better in snow. I'm running 225 width on 17 inch rims. The LSD helps out quite a bit.

As far as rain, the front wheels can spin on acceleration if you push it hard, other than that it drives the same as any other car in the rain. The electronic aids work well - traction control, VSA, and other handling controls.

Last edited:

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si Blaze Orange
Does great in the snow with proper snow tires. I'm running X-Ice Snow - 225/50/17.
11th Gen Honda Civic Si in rain & snow? IMG_0709

sackofcheese

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI, 1994 Miata (track toy)
The LSD Helps a lot with putting down the power in wet/slushy conditions. However, the OEM All Seasons are crap. I had them on my last car (MK7 GTI) and wasn't a fan. Somehow they seem worse on my Si, will definitely be switching to something else once these wear out. If you live somewhere with a lot of snow, get dedicated winter tires.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
The LSD Helps a lot with putting down the power in wet/slushy conditions. However, the OEM All Seasons are crap. I had them on my last car (MK7 GTI) and wasn't a fan. Somehow they seem worse on my Si, will definitely be switching to something else once these wear out. If you live somewhere with a lot of snow, get dedicated winter tires.
My sales guy talked me out of leaving the dealership on the all season tires when I picked up the car in December, so I got some dedicated winter tires and rims. Traction is really good and the LSD does really help too.

11th Gen Honda Civic Si in rain & snow? IMG_20211224_1527527

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
As others have said, the Si has an LSD which no other car in this segment has. The only thing that would be better in the snow is a Subaru.

My car came with the summer tire so I can't speak to the stock all-seasons. My car does great on occasional snow with Continental DWS 06:

11th Gen Honda Civic Si in rain & snow? PXL_20211229_220849887

evanescent03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ITS, C8 Z06; great pairing
How does the Si do in the rain & snow?
Had to drive about 3 hours through a snow storm ... kept the momentum up but was passing land rovers and plow trucks ... grew up driving in the snow and always passed safely and kept an eye out for bail-out zones. it handled great on the stock tires. Probably should've taken our jeep or truck for the trip but i didn't look ahead in the weather. oops. tires area always huge so if driving in the snow often i'd do winter tires.
Sponsored

Attachments