• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Similarities between Civic Si and Acura Integra adaptive suspensions

chopsuey34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Hello all, I’m in the market for a new Civic Si, but my problem is that there aren’t any available for test drive within 200 miles of me. I checked for the new Integra and I’m in luck, there’s one available on the lot at my local Acura dealership. Hopefully it won’t be sold by the time I attempt a test drive (ideally this weekend).

I was wondering if anyone here who owns an Si can comment on the similarities between the Si suspension and Integra adaptive suspension (especially regarding sport mode). I can’t remember where I heard or watched it, but I thought I heard that the Si and Integra sport mode suspensions are very similar in nature.

Thanks!
Sponsored

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
The 11th gen Civic Si does not have adaptive suspension. Sport mode on the Si only affects throttle response, power delivery and steering. The Integra has adaptive suspension so Sport mode on that car also affects the suspension as well.

The only Civic Si model that had adaptive suspension was the 10th gen Civic Si(2016-2020).

OP
OP

chopsuey34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Yup, I understand that the Si doesn't have adaptive suspension. But the integra is my only real shot at test driving something similar to the Si. I heard that the Acura in sport mode is similar in firmness to the Si. Just wondering if anyone can confirm.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Yup, I understand that the Si doesn't have adaptive suspension. But the integra is my only real shot at test driving something similar to the Si. I heard that the Acura in sport mode is similar in firmness to the Si. Just wondering if anyone can confirm.

I've driven both, the Integra in sport mode is slightly stiffer than the Si, but not jarring. If you drive the Integra first, you're more likely to take it home over the Si. Everyone I know that has driven both(3 people) preferred the Integra.
Sponsored