• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Some rear end comparisons

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
I was driving on the road yesterday and got behind a last gen Forte and it dawned on me how the rear of that car was similar to the 11th Civic. So, I looked online and found something pretty amazing. The 11th gen Civic gen's rear is styled similar to most last gen sedans in the class. Check this out:

2016 Forte
11th Gen Honda Civic Some rear end comparisons 704x-

2017 Jetta
11th Gen Honda Civic Some rear end comparisons 600x-

2017 Elantra
11th Gen Honda Civic Some rear end comparisons 2017-hyundai-elantra-rear-view-carbuzz-396893

Here's the 11th Civic:

11th Gen Honda Civic Some rear end comparisons JHMFE1F78NX000220-21c

Every car above at first glance looks about the same. I guess everyone's taste in cars is different. Me, I like my cars to stand out a bit and have some flair. So now let's look at a 2016 Civic. Say what you will but it's unique and IMO, a classic...

11th Gen Honda Civic Some rear end comparisons 07-2016-honda-civic-fd-1
Sponsored

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
I don't understand why Honda felt they had to make such a big design change, especially after 5 years of an unqualified success. The 10 gen lobster claw lights are really great, nobody ever complained about them did they? All Honda had to do was to clean up the bumper, replace the waffle paddles with something more mature, improve the exhaust and rear diffuser as well.

In other words, build up on a great design. Don't completely throw out the old and introduce a new bland design - MIND BOGGLING.

PN_man

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si (Lunar Silver)
I agree with ebhaynz. An evolution of the 10th gen design would have been better, than this snoozefest.

I always thought that the current generation Jetta was a handsome car, so I don't mind the comparison to that. Since I'm over 50 now a little bit of maturity in the design is welcome, but front end of the XI is bloated and unappealing while the back end is dull.

I wonder if someone could make a render of the XI with the lobster claw taillights.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatchback
I mentioned this before but recently I was on the highway and spotted what I thought was a new Civic sedan but as I got closer I realized with was a VW Jetta. It's like Honda got the rear taillights from the same supplier as VW. That said, I'm glad the hatch has a different tail lamp from the sedan.

Acura_CSX_4eva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura Manual Transmission + Nav + Heated Leather
So essentially Honda bit Jetta ? *siiigh* Another reason to look forward to the hatchback

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
I mentioned this before but recently I was on the highway and spotted what I thought was a new Civic sedan but as I got closer I realized with was a VW Jetta. It's like Honda got the rear taillights from the same supplier as VW. That said, I'm glad the hatch has a different tail lamp from the sedan.
Guys...Honda listen as they did for the fucking volume knob.

The sedan is aimed for the average customer. Not us. The average user of the sedan wants a bland, AVERAGE looking car with a dam volume KNOB. That's it. Honda, did it for them. For the people that will buy the car. The reason VW, Hyundai/Kia, etc provided this design is because...it sells! ?

We are a niche market. Don't forget that. You don't like the rear lights? I'm sure you'll change them anyways with aftermarket and that's great!

That hatch is ⚙ for our market. That is why we like it better. You see...HONDA listen! ?

eric__

First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Touring (Meteorite Gray)
I actually was looking into the Volkswagen Jetta at first because I liked the design. But I wanted the reliability of the civic and the redesign definitely fit my tastes, albeit it is no longer unique anymore.
Sponsored